Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to purchase the VPC, FCON, and GCC for an incredibly low price. I hear they are good products, but have not heard any feedback of them. My question is, should I keep these units and use them, or should I sell them and get a programmed ecu? I also hear that I can use the FCON and VPC at the same time for better results, but I don't know how that works. can someone attempt to explain these products or try to convince me to get a different ecu or anything else? I am very new to this EVO tuning world. I just purchased an evo V and it has intake, downpipe, HKS SSQ BOV, and HKS EVC. thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you got them cheap use them.

The VPC dispenses with the need for the usual air flow meter.
F-Con is basically an add on 'interceptor' chip box that can be re-programmed and even used standalone but usually is used piggy-backed to the original ecu with a custom eprom for the specific vehicle application.
The GCC is a fine adjusting tool to give even more control of the fuel curve to the user.

Either search the web far and wide to learn about these products and fit and tune them yourself or find a good tuner who has experience in these products.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hitting fuel cut sporadically in my VI and I've settled on the PE remap of the standard ECU in the end, all the others are a bit 'kludgey' for my liking, which is not to say they wouldn't work but a revised ECU via a PE ramap or GEMS seems to be a neater solution.

I've just got to book it in now!

Cheers,

Phil

Edited to say that by all the others I mean the GCC, FCON etc. combo, not all the other options available!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.