Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough a set of HKS suspension kit with pillow mount for the front and rear (EVO6). the ride is so stiff that it's breaking my back, can somebody tell me what's wrong with it or it purpose to feel this way.

tried lowering it to the max but still no bounce. should I change the springs?

thanks.

Lawrence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is correct for the HKS Hiper Damper kit, it is designed for Japanese roads which are nice and smooth compared to ours.
The only thing you can do is find out the internal diameter of the springs and then fit some aftermarket ones with a softer spring rate.
Leda sell 2.5 and 2.25 diff lengths and rates at approx £20 ea, and RallyDesign sell 2.25 . Eibach also sell springs at diff lengths and rates including progressive.

If you want to sell I may be interested.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. First I would like to buy the springs first, then i will sell the HKS. Do i actually lose the stiftness of the car on track days?

Lawrence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sunny,

I installed HKS dampers on my EVO 7, but instead of HKS springs, I used Eibachs. And I must say I am very happy with the ride. So satisfied that I removed the Cusco coilovers on my EVO 5 and installed a similar setup into it.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts