Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi EVO guyz,

got my HKS SQV BOV (with E4-6 mounting kit) few days ago and plan to DIY the installation this weekend. however, i need to ask few Qs before i do the installation.

1. do i have to adjust the valve tension screw or should i just leave it as-it-is (from factory)?! if i need to adjust it, what's the measurement/setting ie. length of the screw, for my E4 which only has K and amp;N open induction kit |PLS| APEXi N1 catback exhaust w/ decat pipe done?!

2. where should the small pressure hose connects to?! what's the recommendation?!

hope to hear from you guyz really soon, thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
stick it on and try it, you will know if it needs adjusting....

if it stalls and judders about, screw it in, if it doesnt let boost off quick enough, turn it out.

its very simple (must be for me to play with it :))

mine was ok as it came until the boost was increased then need tightening a bit, i will have a look where the small hose goes.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sk,
I would have thought that the small pressure hose will connect to the plenum chamber where the existing small hose from the OEM BOV fits to. This will provide the vacuum to open the valve when the throttle is closed.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guyz!! my Blitz Super Sound BOV small hose currently connects to the same plenum chamber where the OEM BOV connects to, as you've highlighted. a quick check at the HKS SQV installation manual and it seems that this small hose connects to somewhere near the intake manifold, huh?! there's also this UFO-shaped connector (think it's air/moisture filter) which should be connected in-between, with rest of the small jubilee clips, hose, OEM BOV hose terminator and mounting bracket. gimme your mail address and will send you the scanned file of the installation manual (pages with pics only!!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts