Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a set of HKS uprated/lowering springs(E6) and are having them fitted next week .i was just wondering if any of you have them fitted and how do u find them?
i quite like the standard ride but am not to keen on the standard ride height.
im just asking as i dont want the suspension to to be so hard as to be bumping and crasing on our well maintaned roads!as i had enougth of that in my last car (corsa gsi sitting about 1 1/2 off the floor)
so if u have or know some one with a set of HKS super form lowering springs fitted please tell me what u think
thanks in advance
Dafydd...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dafydd.

I have Hks springs fitted to my E4,no idea if they are super flow or not but uprated and lowering .Wanted the car lowered ,and motorsport company I take my car to recommended these .Cost about 125 |PLS|vat quid all round.
The ride is as good as original set up ,but into the tight twistybits they perform well for the money.
I had a comment that my car looked pretty stable from the rear at high speed cornering.
Make sure you get strut braced if you havn't already,front and rear.This will stablise things as well.
The car will be dropped at least 35MM front 16MM rear.My front lower spoiler sits 150mm from road level.
After a short while you will forget what the original ride was like .
Looks fking good though.

cheers

Paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had the hks springs fitted today they are ten times better than original the car feels realy sure footed on the road and much safer on the corners ride is not much harder than standard either ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have HKS Im about to change to Drummond so that I can have more control but the HKS are a good compromise and a affordable way to improve the look and ride

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anarchist

I considered Drummond but rejected the idea on cost and fitted HKS instead. Interested to hear you thoughts on the Drummond kit |PLS| price of installation?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rock,
I e-mailed Drummond in Australia and they said that they could supply me direct with their 40A Gold kit for £1240 plus £132 for freight.This is a good price includes adjustment tools.The reason I have chosen Drummond is that the concensus of opinion appears to be that they are the best value for money and quality without going to the expense of Ohlins.So after I have my Ralliart Ecu fitted next week ,(with the boost increased to 1.5 and re-jetted)I will be fitting the Drummond.Next on the list is a airbox fed from the Nascar duct but not group A as this involves moving the battery and fusebox to the boot.I am having the airbox custom made.The Hks, like other induction kits of its type ,which I currently have fitted to my TME,is not efficiant due to heat soak and is really designed for normally aspirated cars that have less of a problem with underbonnet heat.It looks good ,just choose what colour filter you would like.Ill keep you posted.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts