Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As above, I am after an HKS Recirculating BOV for an Evolution III?

Does anyone have one lurking in the corner of their garage, or can someone point me to where I can buy one from?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have, but I also put it in this section so as to get ideas and thoughts from all on the MLR as to whether this is the right thing to do or not.

Cheers

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
I'm not sure if HKS do a recirc valve mate. I thought they only did a vta type. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i've not seen a recirc HKS one either. forge do a nice recirc one, but from reading posts on here some peops had better results using the stock one to the forge one.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was reading a book and spotted a picture of an Evolution VI (I think?) and it had an HKS recirculation unit on it according to the blurb.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sytner said:
I was reading a book and spotted a picture of an Evolution VI (I think?) and it had an HKS recirculation unit on it according to the blurb.
fair enough. bit of googleing suggests that there is a recirc adaptor for the std atmos one. seems a bit of a bodge to me compared to the forge recirc one.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
blair260 said:
I'm not sure if HKS do a recirc valve mate. I thought they only did a vta type. I may be wrong.
They do an addaptor for the SSQV dump valve to turn it into a recirc type.
It replaces the bit that makes that whistly sound ;) :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sytner said:
Now I am confused, what is best for performance, external BOV or recirculating? :confused:
recirc for sure. that's what the car is setup for. if you vent to atmosphere then air is going through the AFM but not the engine. your engine will be overfuelling.

stories on here are poor idling and bad running etc.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SO then if I cannot find an HKS Recircluating BOV what is the next 'best' make for an Evolution III?

Cheers

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
Sytner said:
SO then if I cannot find an HKS Recircluating BOV what is the next 'best' make for an Evolution III?

Cheers
You're better of with APS or forge recirc valves.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
A friend of mine has a HKS recirculating valve fitted to his Evo7 or should I say he did. I have tried to find one on the Net and have had no luck at all other than the recirculating adaptor for the SQV.

He removed it cos it was leaking boost pressure....I will see if I can get a photo of it.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I had one made up for my friends SSQV on his IV.

Any machine shop should be able to make one if you give them the SSQV for an hour or two ;):)

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have just fitted a hks SSQV to my TME, i run it with the recirc adaptor in although not recirculated. Have to say the car is still running great since it has been fitted and also instead of the squeak noise using the orignal HKS insert i get a nice waste chatter sound. Maybe of intrest if anyone else was thinking of doing this :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts