Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone clear up this matter?

What is the difference between the two, and also (more importantly) does the Racing Suction Kit come only with a yellow filter or does it come with a green one as well.

Because, as usual I am in a little dispute about this, I beleive that I have only got the Super Power Flow filter on my car instead of the Racing Suction Kit, that should be fitted.

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
racing suction kit has the straight silver pipe work to the turbo, doing away with curvey plastic stuff.....

you can have yellow or green filters.

you probably have the super power flow (just the mushroom filter part), as i dont this the RSK existed for the 7 when you bought yours, call me tommorrow and i will send you a pick or have a look at the mimms site at my rolling road movie i am sure you can see the RSK

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lee, thanks, you are right - I do still have the Super Power Flow, not the Racing Suction Kit - which is what I was supposed to be getting from RC Developments - even though I was told that mine was, but with a green filter.

How boring...another phone call!!

Cheers (quiet) Simon - although on that link there appers to be yet another model.

I need to get this right, as the car is going back up shortly, the last thing I want is to change the filter later, only to find that the engine needs re-mapping again.

So is there any noticeble difference between the two? (performance wise)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can buy various different coloured filters for the HKS cone filter.

I did have green but have changed it to purple when I had the service carried out.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed a slight difference between the two, RSK I love it!
I have the powerflow on the shelf in my garage now!
Spot on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jap, Why exactly do you love the RSK mate when compared to, say, the SPF??? Just interested as I'm going to get an induction kit soon and will probably go for either the Blitz SUS or the HKS RSK.....

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swin,
The RSK does away with the bendy curvy intake pipework that is fitted as standard and replaces it with a straight piece of aluminium pipe. This means that yo get less of a pressure drop through the intake system and can therefore feed more air to the engine and more air |EQU| more power (provided that the fuelling is sufficient and you don't get fuel cuts ;))

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HKS have now stopped bringing in the coloured filters,
so its either green or yellow.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the SPF. Does this mean that just by getting the RSK pipe, you can convert to it? If so, is it an easiy thing to do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just took my SPF off, put whole new kit on and amp; kept the spf in reserve, ie if i need a new filter etc etc.
I could feel the difference.
Looks sexy too!
Spend your dough, you wont be disappointed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When i enquired you could not buy it seperate from the kit.
Find an understanding dealer (justin maybe) and amp; if he has a customer for a spf. break the kit in two!
Bonjour, bobs your auntie:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did the same via Graham Goode as they thought you could get it from HKS. However it turns out that you can't. HKS do sell the pipe
for the 7 but not the 6. Crazy but that's how it is. It's either the full kit at 285|PLS|vat or nothing. I'm not impressed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts