Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Looking for a decent induction kit for my E6 TME.

The HKS racing suction kit looks pretty awesome and I don't really fancy the Blitz kit.

A couple of questions...

Anybody got any experience of this kit ?

What do you think ?

Is this something I could fit myself ?

Better to get a profesional to fit ?

Does it require the battery being re-located ?

I did a search but found nothing on this.

Cheers

MIP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had this kit on my six for about 9 months (12,000 miles).

Makes a great suctioning sound.

The mushroom filters discolour frequently.

Battery relocation not necessary. You do need to turn the ABS fused link on the battery terminal through 90 degrees to fit the suction pipe past.

DIY installation is okay, but instructions will be in Japanese but the diagrams are quite good. You will have trouble removing the old air box from the MAF sensor box, as the bolt heads turn in the plastic. With diligence you can work it out. If you want some pictures of it in situ I can email these to you.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MIP

Have a visit upauto's website : www.upauto.co.uk
They have some more informantion for ARC Induction Box

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the HKS racing suction kit fitted on my EVO V RS,and I'm very happy about it.

The kit comes with all the necessary parts to fit perfectly(screws,bolts,hoses...),and everything is good quality.
You can Have different replacement foam colours and It's really nice looking!
The foam gets dirty quiet fast,and even if HKS reccommend to change it,I would clean it a few times as I don't want to spend 20£ once a month for a replacement foam!!!(It looks the same double density foam type that is used on motocross bikes,I clean it with fuel or special product and then slightly oil it with air filter oil)
Fitting is not a real problem as the instructions,even if they're in japanese have some useful illustrations.
You can see pictures of this kit at www.tdi-plc.com

Anyway,give a look at the power engineering special airbox. It's an aluminium aixbox that relocates the battery and can work with BLITZ or others air filters!

www.powerengineering.co.uk

Rallytech supply a special carbon fiber airbox too for 167£,but is a gr.a part and may need other modifications.

www.rallytech.co.uk

Hope this helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MIP,

I have a Blitz kit and a Magnex de-cat on my Makinen and the results are excellent, very happy with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I was looking at the RSK, I was told that it would only fit in the normal air filter area - by the suspension turret. I have the battery relocation kit so couldn't fit the RSK. I ended up buying the HKS filter and mounting it at the front of the car. (I have the ralliart metal pipe kit anyway.)
The HKS filter came with all the brackets and fasteners required, so providing you have the tools you should be okay. The instructions in mine were in Japanese but there were a couple of pics to guide you. Do a trial run first though, without the nuts and bolts to familarise yourself.
The RSK looks a cracking piece of kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOOOOOSSSHH

well its (HKS RS kit) on the car

B*tch to get those bolts off the air flow sensor mounting.....

Appears to pull better at higher revs

makes a lovely sound

I'm happy.....

Cheers

MIP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts