Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After finding what has happened to my engine (see picture of block below)

I am building up an engine out of a VII, I have got my eye on a 2.2 tomei stroker kit from greenline in Japan what with pound being strong against the yen. My dilema is towards the turbo kit i have got, would I be better going for HKS pistons & rods and then maybe autronics ???

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Well I wouldn't go for HKS parts as they are overpriced. You could get Oliver rods for around £600 and CP pistons for under £500.

Depends on the cost of the Tomei kit I guess....

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I run with HKS rods & Pistons but they are far to expensive really, got mine on a special deal or would have used others.

IMO you will get far more from Pistons,Rods, Autronics route than the stroker route with nothing else

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Do any other pistons have the same "coating?" as the HKS ones?

Jez

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
InsBro said:
Do any other pistons have the same "coating?" as the HKS ones?

Jez
you mean the det resistant one ?, not sure that they do but also not sure how effective it is...

oh and don't really want to find out !! :crackup:

Ash

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not looking for big top end power, stroker kit would be better from lag perspective over HKS pistons. Looking for torque rather than top end power.

Tomei Kit works out to about £2,500

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
judlad said:
Not looking for big top end power, stroker kit would be better from lag perspective over HKS pistons. Looking for torque rather than top end power.

Tomei Kit works out to about £2,500
their pistons r not good mate best get custom compression pistons for better power delivery and torque their stroker is very nice though

good price

a ralliart crank

costs between 400 to 700 depending where u get it
crower rods from 600 depending on spec theirs 2 different steel rods depending on power
arrows are 800 above but both these rods r better than japanese expensive ones for sure, trust me i tested them crower and arrow beat them them hands down.

pistons depending where u get the from 450 to 700

still a cheap kit but will be a better stroker and the 4g64 crank is phenomenal for alot of torque

but the price u getting the tommi for i wont complain :D still get good power of course , jun and tomei seem to use low comp pistons

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
judlad said:
Anyone used the co-ord sport kit ??
i used their crank so did sam and air force one its the ralliart one very good

oliver rods i wont use them for everyday over 500 bhp and ross pistons aint bad either

im sure phil will give u a good deal :D above if u get it for him but def a good cheap kit bud,

i tested the 4g64 crank at 700 bhp no probs at all mate i got mine niterited as well

im now using a different crank coz its much higher power im gonna run but go for this one

so phil u gonna do it for him under 1700 to 1800 quid or what :D including crank bearings

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Moses, reckon you've sold me there mate. Only downside is turbo. Not had the ATP3071 kit very long and another not really in budget at the moment.

As I'm not after mental horsepower will this do for the time being ??

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
judlad said:
Cheers Moses, reckon you've sold me there mate. Only downside is turbo. Not had the ATP3071 kit very long and another not really in budget at the moment.

As I'm not after mental horsepower will this do for the time being ??
mate u can get a gt35r kit from rnrracing a very good kit including manifold, turbo, and pipes , external wastegate

mate for a 2.3 your housing is too small mate 0.63 i had trouble on a hks gt3240 it pi55ed over every other evo for power to power at 1.5 bar :D but caused too much backpressure and it didnt create more , pity i coudlnt get a bigger housing so i got a bigger garrett series turbo with a housing too suit

but on a 2.3 u will struggle u may get away with it, see we aint tested it and i dont know of anyone has tested the gt3071 atp kit on a 2.3 u may not be able to run alot of boost and still make not bad power for a while tiill u get a bigger turbo

whats this gt3071 turbo rated at and can u get a bigger housing 0.86 or something or 0.84 whatever the correct size is

they did a 10.6 quarter, speak to ryan fellows

http://www.rnrracing.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.pl

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will have to do for the mo moses mate as you sold me big time on the kit. Just waiting for some details from Co-ordsport on the crank, have pm'd Mark Shead on the rods. Will probably get the pistons from ND.

What thickness headgasket for the compression ???

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
judlad said:
Will have to do for the mo moses mate as you sold me big time on the kit. Just waiting for some details from Co-ordsport on the crank, have pm'd Mark Shead on the rods. Will probably get the pistons from ND.

What thickness headgasket for the compression ???
1.2 bud, sam used a 1mm head gasget in his own at the same time we decided to go stroker and i mean the crank :crackup:

arrow rods will last u mate even when tomorrow u want massive bhp their tough as **** along with crower ones

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mark's going to get back on the rods as his are custom to his stroker kits as he doesn't use the 4G64 crank, Anyone any ideas on who's cheapest to supply crank & bearings ???

1 - 20 of 27 Posts