Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm fitting some gauges tomorrow and the one I'm unsure about is the mechanical oil pressure gauge.

I've searched the forum and the Internet, via google, but haven't come up with anything too helpful - does anyone know of an online resource detailing the fitment?

I can get the cable into the engine bay no problem, it's just where to 't' in to get a reading.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the oil pressure switch is on the rear of the block,under inlet manifold
you should have a brass block with the kit ???,take switch out ,put block in,fit guage line and switch to brass block.
they are all taper thread,which needs ptfe tape to seal
if you havent got the block,(i cant remember if i got it seperately)...i have a spare i could post you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the block in with the kit, but much appreciated.

I can't wait to get cracking now!

Cheers,

Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Custard,
Do you know what the thread diameter of the oil pressure switch thread is?

I need to get a T-block for the Defi oil pressure gauge (when I get it) and I need the thread detail to get a suitable T-block. Btw what is the diameter of the HKS gauge pipe into your T-block? I think most gauges are 1/8NPT and if it is then it's the same as the Defi, any chance of sending that block over, pretty please :D :D

Did you fit the gauge yourself and if so how easy was it? Did you have to remove anything to get at it? Did you do it from above, underneath or the side? It looks like a right git to get to from any direction http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >.

Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but Defi guages are the best in the world ??????
does it not come with carbon fibre spanners ??

my car was well stripped when it was fitted,and yes if i can find the spare block,i will let you know.
failing that,Speedflow are very helpfull and reliable

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! Touche :D Note that I did title the article with a question mark on the end ;)
Comes with everything including little cable ties and stick pads to mount pod (yes even comes with a pod) but they don't include the block as presumably there are various sizes although whacking the most common one in (1/8NPT) as I assume HKS must do would have been handy.
If you don't find it then it doesn't matter, I can measure my old block it's just that it's not handy to get to at the moment.
Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.