Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking into having a HKS Induction modified to go onto the Pajero Evo. Have any of you got the HKS kit on your evos and what do you think of them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Evo,
Filtration is suspect on the HKS filter (independant test) , also it doesn't give the highest power gain.

Apex-i or Blitz r the ones 2 go 4 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blitz is fine in an airbox - suspect in a standard open engine. HKS is very suspect anywhere. Apexi is best in an open engine.

The oil breather mod will help keep crap away from the filter.

I use Blitz - no problems. After 4000 track miles, when we stripped the engine - perfectly clean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also looking for an induction kit - is the apex-i available for the E7? If so, where could I get one from and how much approximately are they?

Croz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm after a induction kit but I would rather modify the air box so it collects and routes air from the naca duct on the bonnet. I have seen a group A airbox for sale but I wouldn't know if to fit it you would have to swap things around in the engine bay.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daz,

Have you seen pictures of Blade's airbox in the other thread?
The gr.a carbox fiber airbox fits without problems but you have to buy a separate blitz or other brand filter, you need to fit the battery somewhere else and to have a custom made alloy,carbon or silicon pipe to the turbo(well probably PE can do one now as they probably made one for blade).
This airbox setup will became expensive, around 600£, but will be one of the best!

You also have the carbon fiber monster sport airbox with the relocation kit, or the alloy spec r airbox with the relocation kit that are not a bad solution.

I have the HKS racing suction kit fitted and I made an hose to bring some fresh air and remove the little plastic restrictor of the naca air intake. It's not an airbox but it works well and looks nice, you don't need to remove the battery and the complete kit is around 300£.

I've seen the filtration test of the hks filter but I can't see how it could be that bad considering that the hks uses the same kind of foam as the motocross bikes, and the foam should be the best for dust.

There is also the pipercross foam filter that is not very expensive and is used in gr.a cars, but then you have to buy a separate alloy pipe if you don't want to keep the plastic standard one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The battery relocation is quite a job, because you need to move the fusebox as well!

Worth it though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw the same as blade's airbox in a japanese Lancer Evo mag for 53,000 Yen, ~300 pounds. Don't know who's the maker of the box as it just said Gr.A airbox. You don't need a specially made pipe form the filter to the turbo for that, most filter kits with aluminium pipes should be o.k., but you'll have to test before of course.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

On the basis of seeing this website http://www.gtrowner.com/induction.html I purchased the Apexi filter. (oh, and the tumble dryer ait duct kit !)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thought I let everybody know that there are a few more to choose from. HKS makes both the SPF and a Blitz type wire mesh jobbie. The there is the Blitz mesh type, the Trust Airinx, the Trust normal filter(a version similar to the HKS SPF) and the Apexi paper filter type.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for your opinions - one HKS SPF now sitting in kitchen awaiting pipe mods then its going on!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have just fitted a HKS induction kit to my car. Looks great and sounds brill compared to the Blitz. The Blitz was a very good air filter but I liked the metal pipe on the Hks induction kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts