Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HKS SSV Dump valve fitted on my Tme and Ive noticed that the tourque had dropped recently like a reduction in boost.So I turned the screw on the back 1 Turn working on the basis that this may put more pressure on the valve allowing less air to escape therefore holding more boost.It has worked the car now goes like a train in 5th and has more punch in all gears.

What I would like to know is if I have made too large an adjustment can this cause other problems ,the instructions as we know are in Japanese(really helpfull)and so far no one can advise me on how to achieve the optimum setting.I would be very gratefull and Im sure so would others if any one can help.:):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there no one out there that can assist?The question didnt seem that technical oh well back to general discussion (The Gladiators chat room):)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waz,
It doesn't work like that m8:)

The more boost pressure the harder the HKS SQV valve seals , it does not rely on spring pressure 2 seal.
The spring controls valve response when the throttle is closed between gear shifts.
Check the vacuum tube 2 the valve , and in particular the disc inline filter supplied by HKS. These split quickly in use , even if it isn't remove it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
evoboy

what would doing the screw up do then??, and is there any down sides??

thanks mate

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also wondering what the nut at the back does. Maybe it's for pre-load when off boost???
Mine seems to turn very easily by hand, either right in or out !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest you try to loosen (turn nut anti- clockwise) the HKS SBOV to a point when you're on |PLS|ve boost (0.5 bar or higher) and have to stop quickly (ie: emergency stop with clutch down)..........If your car stalls then turn in (clockwise direction) one turn and repeat emergency stop again...........If your car does NOT stall is the correct setting.

On EVO4 and EVO5 you may need to fit an 'KHS Electronic Idle Stablizer', but on most EVO6 they work okay alone.

Just my 2 cents worth!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fitted HKS SQV to my E4 last weekend and everything goes well until this morning when my car stalls again during traffic stop!! *damn* according to the installation manual that came with the packaging (i purchased the HKS SQV unit with E4-6 mounting kit), it did mentioned about HKS EIDS Type-K for idling correction. now, should it install this gadget or just play with the adjustment nut behind the SQV?! those who experienced similiar problem earlier and got it fixed with HKS EIDS Type-K, what's your current idling (or after emergency stop) after some laps of spirited driving?! 850rpm or below?! is this adjustable?! need help, thanks mate.

·
Premium Member
19,830 Posts
Good thread resurrection from 2002!!!!!

The little filter does bugger all apart from split after a few days of installation at which point you take it out, join the pipe together and wonder why you put it in there in the 1st place :D:D

Andy

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
AndyF_RSX said:
Good thread resurrection from 2002!!!!!

The little filter does bugger all apart from split after a few days of installation at which point you take it out, join the pipe together and wonder why you put it in there in the 1st place :D:D

Andy
cheers matey, i thought as much ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts