Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a Evo 6 with evo 8 engine and i also have a par of HKS 264/272 camshaft.
I need to now if i can put the cams on original camgear and if i have to change the valve spring or not

Andrei

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I have a pair of HKS 272's in mine (Evo 8 FQ300), and not had to change valve springs.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Any tuning company will tell you you need to change the valve springs and retainers to stop u experiencing valve float I have looked into this extensively acrosss lots of forums and it seems to be regarded as a must you can get a set of springs and retainers ready for 500+bhp for around £200-250 . It's not cheap but if your going to do it do right

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
If your changing cams your going up in power a lot with planned mods? the springs will help save your valves on over rev once your pushing the power. or just add cams push the power and take your chances ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any tuning company will tell you you need to change the valve springs and retainers to stop u experiencing valve float I have looked into this extensively acrosss lots of forums and it seems to be regarded as a must you can get a set of springs and retainers ready for 500+bhp for around £200-250 . It's not cheap but if your going to do it do right
Thx for your answer ... i look for springs and retainers but i found many option and i dont now what to order.
At 250 is decent for a set a sopose,Do you have same sugestion ...links

Thx

Sorry for my English )))

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your changing cams your going up in power a lot with planned mods? the springs will help save your valves on over rev once your pushing the power. or just add cams push the power and take your chances ;)
around 380-400bhp is my project with evo9 turbo ,exhaust ,mapping and camshaft HKS and fully admision

For the nex winter i already bought forged piston and rods,1000RC injector and then i hope if i choose another turbo ( around 450-470bhp) and is more than ok

What you think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts