Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm ready to be shot down in flames for asking such a stupid question, but here goes. I've not long fitted the HKS BOV and the Blitz sus filter. My question is when I give the car some stick and I'm on turbo should I be getting a whoosing sound, it's not the same as the bov dumping air , but it's there never the less. I always thought an induction roar was more of a well a roar. This sounds like the charge escaping out of the bov. The bov still works correctly when you throttle off, could the bov need adjusting?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quite normal 4 a turbo engine , the inlet 2 the turbo compressor is at low pressure on boost , so the noise is the sheer volume of air being sucked in2 the turbo. Induction roar will b heard on an atmo engine due 2 the intake air pulse resonance , turbo engines have pressurised intake air so no resonance of any magnitude.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moby,

I've just done the exact same thing. The majority of the whoosh is that you can now hear the turbo spinning up, cos there's nothing except a stainless sieve to drown the noise.

Can you make your BOV sing different tunes yet?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not arguing with Evoboy, you understand, 'cos he's the daddy! I always thought a grommet was to stop electrical cabling chaffing through a hole, and Blitz was something my wife did to soup!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original Post:
Moby,

The majority of the whoosh is that you can now hear the turbo spinning up, cos there's nothing except a stainless sieve to drown the noise.
No , disagreement M8 , 1 and the same thing :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pondy, I can get about six different noises out of mine, from the pant wetting whooooooooooosh to a little pathetic whistle. Excellent fun!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HKS have various diffusers (the little three legged star in the outlet) available for the SSQV , so u can change the loudness and frequency of noise , thats nice 4 the sad amongst us , that'll b me then :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.