Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking bout changing my turbo setup whats a hks 7460r kai attached to a ross sport jmf manifold worth?

both have done about 3k miles

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£1400/1500.
i was thinking somewhere on them lines.

just was after a few peeps thoughts,if i decide to sell i obviously don,t want to over price it and be stuck with it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What turbo are you going for next gt3076 hta ?
not sure yet, ive got 3 in mind

stay stock frame and with the blouch 760xtr

or full frame kit gt3076 hta or ND 5.5R v band

my mind is 95% made up.:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
760 XTR is awesome but so would 3076r
have looked at yours posts on this turbo and your setup m8.

i know youve sold up now,but i am well impressed by the figures and a few peeps coments on how well the car went.

it is the only turbo i will go for if i stay stock,as my current set up is awsome,but the blouch seems to give you that bit more with similar spool as the hks.

i was concidering a 25% race fuel map on mine,but going away from that as its going to be a pain sorting it out,and when you want to use it.

thats why i,m thinking of going for a full frame kit that i can get where i want,on pump fuel without pushing things:smthumbup

whats the gtr like as ive been thinking bout 1,but ive spent so much on mine, i can,t bring myself to sell it for wat i,ll get for it?

:smthumbup

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
have looked at yours posts on this turbo and your setup m8.

i know youve sold up now,but i am well impressed by the figures and a few peeps coments on how well the car went.

it is the only turbo i will go for if i stay stock,as my current set up is awsome,but the blouch seems to give you that bit more with similar spool as the hks.

i was concidering a 25% race fuel map on mine,but going away from that as its going to be a pain sorting it out,and when you want to use it.

thats why i,m thinking of going for a full frame kit that i can get where i want,on pump fuel without pushing things:smthumbup

whats the gtr like as ive been thinking bout 1,but ive spent so much on mine, i can,t bring myself to sell it for wat i,ll get for it?

:smthumbup
The GTR's are very very good indeed you don't need to rev it hard to go fast and when mapped are a very swift Datsun.
I love mine when I get to use it never fails to put a smile on my face with so much torque and next to no turbo lag it's an awesome car.

Also on a rod job I wouldn't want to be pushing much more than 550

Reactions: l2esk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The GTR's are very very good indeed you don't need to rev it hard to go fast and when mapped are a very swift Datsun.
I love mine when I get to use it never fails to put a smile on my face with so much torque and next to no turbo lag it's an awesome car.

Also on a rod job I wouldn't want to be pushing much more than 550
agree m8,i,m taking everything into concideration before commiting,as i don,t want any horror storys...

got big confidence in my tuner and i don,t think he,d let me do anything that wasnt acieviable.

as for the gtr sounds like your happy,never been in 1 so could comment,but 1 day i would like to get 1.

just few things put me off is :- warranty expiry,why do most owners seem to sell up so soon and my garage an,t big enough lol

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
agree m8,i,m taking everything into concideration before commiting,as i don,t want any horror storys...

got big confidence in my tuner and i don,t think he,d let me do anything that wasnt acieviable.

as for the gtr sounds like your happy,never been in 1 so could comment,but 1 day i would like to get 1.

just few things put me off is :- warranty expiry,why do most owners seem to sell up so soon and my garage an,t big enough lol
Get a 2010 onwards car also you can get warranty after the 3 years are done.
Most cars now are sorted new tech always come with teething problems.

My garage is not that big and mine fits in ok it's a tight squeeze but it goes in

Reactions: l2esk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get a 2010 onwards car also you can get warranty after the 3 years are done.
Most cars now are sorted new tech always come with teething problems.

My garage is not that big and mine fits in ok it's a tight squeeze but it goes in
I've measured 1 in a show room once,they are wide aswell think it may go in if I leave the roller door up and get out of the window :lol:

Enjoy the gtr m8

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I've measured 1 in a show room once,they are wide aswell think it may go in if I leave the roller door up and get out of the window :lol:

Enjoy the gtr m8
I have to leave the window open to get out of mine.

My garage is 8ft 8 at its narrowest point and 18ftlong

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
For what its worth, if you look at the Dyno's you have offered as alternative turbo-choices, look at the hole below 4000rpm!

HKS simply destroys them there, and frankly 3076 HTA with 0.63 Exhaust and 52trim ( I know, I had it) will not really make more power under the curve than HKS properly tuned both. The 3076 will make more power from 6800-7000 to redline- so for about 600-800rpm.
Everywhere else the HKS will be ahead or even.

If you want more power than HKS has to offer, use BW EFR7670, which is good for maybe +40-50whp over HKS. Its has super lightweight rotating, design decades ahead of the GT30 based turbos.
No contest.

The FP Stock-Frame are worthy and if going from HKS to make a real difference only real choice is FP Black HTA86 Dual Ball Bearing.
It will be slightly more responsive than 3076 HTA 0.63, but will make +70 or more who than HKS.

Don't focus on top end, the car will be a dog on the road.
And how often do you really drive at high speed high rpm continuously?
Not often I bet. So response from 2500-4000rpm is very very important for rapid progress.

Your choice of course, this is just feedback from having had to make choice, swap out 3076 after disappointment and considering next step.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For what its worth, if you look at the Dyno's you have offered as alternative turbo-choices, look at the hole below 4000rpm!

HKS simply destroys them there, and frankly 3076 HTA with 0.63 Exhaust and 52trim ( I know, I had it) will not really make more power under the curve than HKS properly tuned both. The 3076 will make more power from 6800-7000 to redline- so for about 600-800rpm.
Everywhere else the HKS will be ahead or even.

If you want more power than HKS has to offer, use BW EFR7670, which is good for maybe +40-50whp over HKS. Its has super lightweight rotating, design decades ahead of the GT30 based turbos.
No contest.

The FP Stock-Frame are worthy and if going from HKS to make a real difference only real choice is FP Black HTA86 Dual Ball Bearing.
It will be slightly more responsive than 3076 HTA 0.63, but will make +70 or more who than HKS.

Don't focus on top end, the car will be a dog on the road.
And how often do you really drive at high speed high rpm continuously?
Not often I bet. So response from 2500-4000rpm is very very important for rapid progress.

Your choice of course, this is just feedback from having had to make choice, swap out 3076 after disappointment and considering next step.
Thanks for the feedback hks is a belter of a turbo mind awsome fast road I must say

1 - 20 of 20 Posts