Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Evo 6 and am looking seriously at getting the Blitz Nurspec-R exhaust system.

However, I am not too keen to have the car de-catted (been there, done that) especially with more and more road side testing areas cropping up in town.

So, do I need a high flow cat or is the standard one up to the job? Where do I get a high flow one from, and can it be fitted to the Blitz system ?

Many thanks,

Mark.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The standard one is too restrictive. High-Flow ones might not be able to clean that much... at least you can show Mr.Police the cat though. I hear some people use that technique

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Supersprint make a decat that looks like a cat. Can you confirm this Maxi?

A hi flow cat is very expensive, a decat very inexpensive. How much would the fine be if they measure your exhaust gas and find out you dont have one? Is it very likely??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark,
If u must fit a cat , PE do a sports cat , but it will still restrict compared 2 no cat.
YR car wud probably pass a roadside emission check even minus the dreaded moggy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Evoboy,

How would it pass a road side emmision test ? I don't understand ?

What do all you de-cat users do when it comes to MOT time ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Read somewhere that Janspeed do a Perf Cat for an E6 which allegedly gives 6hp increase over the factory unit .
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK,

So if I get stopped by the cops for an emissions test: What do they do? If it fails the test, do they just ask you to get a re MOT and then produce the documents as the nearest cop shop ? or do they fine you on the spot ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark,
A cat is not a legal requirement for the owner , it was only required by law for all new cars after 1992 , but an owner can remove it.
The legal requirement is for the car 2 pass the MOT standard emissions test appropriate 2 the vehicle.
This also applies 2 roadside tests , which r performed and enforced by the DOT , the police r there because the test is performed on the public highway.
Evo's wud probably pass this test even without a CAT , it depends on the fuel map in the ECU , easy 2 check , just ask an MOT garage 2 do an MOT emissions check and determine if the result wud constitute a pass ,if it does , no problem http://194.93.140.171/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Shud a vehicle fail a roadside test , u wud be issued with a 14 day statutory notice to rectify the car and present a pass certificate , or confirm that the vehicle is off the road.
Even if a car is found not capable of passing the test at the time , with a reprogrammable ecu it cud be programmed 2 pass it then reset 2 the performance map.......gr8 [img]http://194.93.140.171/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a complete Graham Goode S/S system fitted to my car at present which includes a larger hi-flow sports cat.

Very pleased with it , as its both high quality and amp; a good fit with the added bonus of being a sensible price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi flow cats in 2.5 and 3 bore are cheaply available in the states.
Check out www.buschurracing.com or www.roadraceengineering.com.
Easily fitted by any competent exhaust shop (who the f*** would that be then?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts