Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Boos..help Please

Hi
I fitted a dawes device to my evo 6 and all was fine...but now the boost has gone way up...
I have checked all of the pipes to my Dawes ..plus the opperation of the Dawes and all is fine. however I thought that I would just blow down the pipe to the wastegate actuator and I could hear air coming out of it!!! Is this correct or has me wastegate gone fut...
If it has gone any advice as to where to get one would be greatful..I need this info asap as I start a new job in a few days and will need the car to be A1.
Thanks a lot

DIABACH

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

Hi ,
Ok found the problem its the wastegate actuator ...Tried blowing down the tube and all I got was a hiss of air comming out of the device plus evo400 said that it was acommon problem.
Have now got the actuator off without removing the radiator etc etc (just takes time and some tools) and it is U/S.
New one delivered from evo400 (good price and top- quick turn around.Dave is a great bloke) and will be fitting it today.
I will be in touch if there is a problem.

DIABACH (6 NATIONS CHAMP,S)

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
Re: WASTEGATE ACTUATOR

DIABACH said:
Hi ,
Ok found the problem its the wastegate actuator ...Tried blowing down the tube and all I got was a hiss of air comming out of the device plus evo400 said that it was acommon problem.
Have now got the actuator off without removing the radiator etc etc (just takes time and some tools) and it is U/S.
New one delivered from evo400 (good price and top- quick turn around.Dave is a great bloke) and will be fitting it today.
I will be in touch if there is a problem.
DIABACH (6 NATIONS CHAMP,S)
When fitting, don't forget to pre tension it, where it connects to the wastgate arm, when not connected, the rod off the wastegate should cover half the hole on the end of the actuator, so you have to pull the actuator rod to get it on the shaft

Stu

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Stu,
Yep half as hole as per the instructions from evo400.

I have come up with a great way of connecting the rod onto the wastegate..After getting the length correct I connected the actuator to my foot pump using an adaptor for the pipe ...put a small amount of air into the unit and wow the arm went forward and sliped on a treat.I was so much easer to do it that way than to try and pull the blinking thing on plus you can see the actuator in motion so you know it will work.
By the way I took the old one apart and yes rusted to f... and the rubber thing had a split in it,still new one was fitted in 2 hours and I am back on the road.

all the best

DIABACH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts