Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen an add on Evo Mag about Bellof HID systems, by C.A. Automotive. I have sent them an email, and they answered me that they had such a system for the Evo VI. I don't know the cost yet, but I will tomorrow.

Has anyone tried that, and if so, is it good?

Thanks for any answers

Tarik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tarik,
Be interested to know the price. Also you could ask whether they would do a group discount.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have a look @ myevo.com in the for sale section the cibie HID kit is advertised and pictured, its a quad conversion!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price of the HID kit is.... 1050 Pounds. As it is very expensive, I asked for a catalogue to see exactly what it is, but having heard the guy on the phone, it seems that it is a true HID lights system.

I'll let you know asap

Tarik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys

Just a word of caution. I'm not saying that HID conversions (replacement bulbs) are bad, but just to balance the point have a read of this site http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/HID/conversion/ I don't know who this guy is or how accurate the info, but I'd bare this in mind give the costs involved.

I've already wasted £70 on the PIAA bulbs which gave no improvement on the originals. It was posted on this site that the reason for this was the reflector and headlight design. If this is the case, then will the HID really give you the benefit?

Does anyone know how much the Cibie units are as these would seem the better option although they're bound to be over expensive !!

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Ralliart/Mitsubishi stand at the Autosport show had an Extreme 450 with a complete HID replacement kit on.

The units where 1 piece including indicators and looked cool

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naunt

I believe the Cibie kit replaces the existing units with custom HID lamps, not just the bulbs and reflectors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lights fitted to the Ralliart Extreme require modifications to the bodywork to install.....AAAAHHHHHHH. Also are they HID? , I seem to remember that they are just more powerful halogen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the post was with regard to the Bellof HID replacement bulbs (the ones Tarik was talking about) and when he posted again with the cost of £1050 I assumed this was for the Bellof HID replacement bulbs.

If this is so, then how much are the CIBIES as these look like the better upgrade (being complete units)

Cheers

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you sure about the body mods for the ralliart light upgrade, said they were direct replacement with uprated loom when i went on the stand, and they were true HID!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlackVI,
All I can say is that I was shown those lights at Ralliart and was told that minor modifications were required to the inside of the front wing area
Also , HID lights draw substantially lower current than conventional halogen so shud not require an uprated harness , however there is a separate high voltage supply to operate the HID units. These I understand never require replacement under normal circumstances , that is they do not blow or deteriorate like conventional bulbs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello all

I am very interested in the headlights fitted to the evo at auto sport they dont seem to be avalible at ralliart uk. Does any one know where to get them from?

Thanks

D.G..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.takakaira.com/php/table.php3?id|EQU|140 and amp;cat|EQU|3#.

I got my HID kit from them and got a special price(98,000) during the Japan Auto Saloon 2001. Their current price is about 125,000 yen |EQU| £806

if you can get like 10 orders together, you can get about 10%, this is the cheapest I have seen so far.

I have a shipment on its way (18inch Zeit wheel), we can save on the freight together if you can place the order with them in time.

Lawrence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello,

Interesting how much money everyone seems to be charging for HID kits. Where I work in the US, (http://www.autodesignhaus.com) we sell an HID kit comprised of Phillips ballasts and Osram bulbs. Retail pricing for the kit is around US$700, I can sell the kits for about US$550. We have sold and installed these kits on all sorts of cars, and I put them on my E36 M3 and Aprilia RSV1000! As soon as I take delivery of my E6, I will put HIDs in the headlights and fogs. One good thing about the CIBIE kit is that you will still have seperate lows and highs, whereas you only have lows (albeit much brighter than halogen) with a conversion to the stock headlights.

Regards,

Ramana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ramana,

can you really get this HID kit for US$500? Please get me one, I can return my and use the saving to buy other products if you are serious.

[email protected]

Waitng for your reply.

Lawrence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, but the only way for me to lower the price from $550 to $500 would be to sell at least 5 kits. Also, the, price does not include shipping, which I would estimate to be between $30-$50.

Regards,

Ramana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When I spoke to CA Automotive about the Bellof system they advised that the cost high because the system replaced both dipped and full beam, rather than just leaving you with HID dipped. Might be wrong though.

There is another ad in Evo this month, BCP automtive, with a HID system that's £510 |PLS| VAT - this does leave you with only the dipped.

The Cibie kit was well over £2k from what I remember on the Ralliart price list, although it would probably be cheaper from Takakaira.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.