Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to fir some of these but can't understand how they fit.

Well ok I do know how they fit but if only going to about 10-15mm surely the existing studs will be projecting past the new flat surface on the spacer ???

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave thanks but doesn't answer the question - I know how they fit but can't understand how the projecting OEM bolt works if it protrudes further then the face of the spacer. The wheel then won't sit flush on the spacer face.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its ok I've worked it out - the rear face of the wheel actually has indents rather than being solid hence the excess length of the stud will go into this.

·
Climate Changer
4,219 Posts
Just think of the hubcentric spacer as being an extension of the hub by whatever you need.

So you look at your hub and think I want you to be 15mm thicker.

Bingo 15mm spacer. Of course then you need longer studs/bolts.

The wheel then sits on a central spigot as it would've done on its original hub.

:smthumbup

·
#armchairtuner
8,722 Posts
Geoff,

On such small spacers you wouldnt normally use hub centric type, you would use spacer rings provided there is enough stud length.

Thin hubcentric spacers and original studs sticking out which can interfere with wheel face.

Thicker hubcentric spacers and original studs not sticking out dont cause the issue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Don't bother. I had a superperforma hubcentric spacer fail on my GTR after a morning session at cadwell park.

The are supposed to do away with the need to fit extended studs which can be a very time consuming job to replace. The problem, is that some suppliers source cast aluminum spacers which can fail at high stress points. The failure that happened on mine was located where the spacer sits next to the oem hub where the factory stud protrudes onto the kit supplied nuts. As various different forces put stress on the spacer, the backplate of the spacer failed leading the wheel to become loose and leaving the nuts still in place.

If you must fit them I strongly recommend a milled alloy and not cast aluminum.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Use a kit with longer studs such as Eibach which I have personally tried on track and road without issue... the studs replace the factory item's.

·
MLR Oldie
14,954 Posts
I wondered the same thing a few weeks ago Geoff as I was tempted to buy a set of Advan wheels which were ET45 so I'd have needed a similar sized spacer. The indents your referring too on the rear of the wheels appeared too shallow to accommodate the extra length of the OE wheel studs (in my opinion) so I'd have had to remove the OE wheels studs and replace with longer ones which would then pass straight through the spacer and wheel and allow the wheel to bolt up as normal (just with the spacer sandwiched between the wheel and the hub).

In the end I thought it sounded like more hassle than its worth and i'll just try and keep searching for wheels with the correct offset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts