Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looks like I will be joining the ever increasing number of Jap owners.Put my name down for a new Evo V111 260 today...............my Seat Leon "R" is having to go ,it has got a boost problem that Seat cannot seem to find why it does it,so..........I bought a Evo,is there anything I should look out for when taking delivery also any good ins.companies.Got a good Quote from privalidge £850 all in.....which is not much more than I pay for my Leon.........anyway Hi........ :)

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Hello and welcome to the MLR ;)

As for insurance, give Pace Ward Financial a try as they are the Ralliart Mitsubishi & MLR Official Insurance Broker, Tel 01782 286311.

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spanpody said:
Hello and welcome to the MLR ;)

As for insurance, give Pace Ward Financial a try as they are the Ralliart Mitsubishi & MLR Official Insurance Broker, Tel 01782 286311.
Thanks Spanpody the dealer is trying to obtain a quote but as its Easter monday most places are shut.I suppose if I wish to find out more on this model Evo ........hit the search button.......cheers :beerchug:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I take it you have done your homework on the 260 :confused: :) Wouldnt want you to be yet another short term 260 of the MLR when you find out its costing you twice as much to run as the Leon :eek:

Otherwise enjoy and welcome :wave:

Matt
:)

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leonard said:
I take it you have done your homework on the 260 :confused: :) Wouldnt want you to be yet another short term 260 of the MLR when you find out its costing you twice as much to run as the Leon :eek:

Otherwise enjoy and welcome :wave:

Matt
well the insurance ain't that much more the car comes with free servicing for 3 years and as for fuel i ran my Leon on Optimax so no extra cost there the only thing is consumption.........but I was thinking of getting the lcr mapped so the mpg isn't that differant.....or have I missed something :confused:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Owning an EVO aint cheap, but I reckon its worth every penny. Fuel consumption is pants, and you do more miles than you think you will. A quick trip to the shops soon becomes a three hour blat. Its addictive. :D

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saintsman said:
Owning an EVO aint cheap, but I reckon its worth every penny. Fuel consumption is pants, and you do more miles than you think you will. A quick trip to the shops soon becomes a three hour blat. Its addictive. :D
Yes I agree but you cannot run a 300bhp and get good mpg but hopfully the fuel bills are not going to be too major :)

·
Registered
24,448 Posts
bugger the fuel bills when you run out just wash it instead :D then stare at it a bit longer and whey hey another tank of bp ultimate and you're off again.

Welcome to the MLR too.

Julie

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know what you mean about the quick nip to the shops ends up being a 3 hour blast. I had that with every car i have owned but it soon wears off.. The only thing about an EVO that really makes me think twice are the servicing bills and i anything breaks, BIG MONEY to repair i reakon

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Balls said:
I know what you mean about the quick nip to the shops ends up being a 3 hour blast. I had that with every car i have owned but it soon wears off.. The only thing about an EVO that really makes me think twice are the servicing bills and i anything breaks, BIG MONEY to repair i reakon
But as i said it comes with free servicing for 3 years plus the 3 years warrenty so hopefully other than running costs it should not cost that much more than a 225 bhp Leon.....rubber maybe?

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
monkeynuts1954 said:
But as i said it comes with free servicing for 3 years plus the 3 years warrenty so hopefully other than running costs it should not cost that much more than a 225 bhp Leon.....rubber maybe?
I hear what you are saying about free servicing... but be careful that you don't rely on the warranty too much ;)

Welcome to the world of EVO owning! :)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Balls said:
:confused: How is it going to cost twice as much to run??? :confused:

Please give examples

Ok you are only going to get max of around 180 miles to a tank at £35 for a tank of Optimax. If you drive it properly this will of course go down ;) Just used at the weekend the VI I drive goes through a tank of fuel in about 100 miles :p

You then have servicing every 4500 miles. Ok so you take the free servicing pack but you are paying for it and it isnt transferable to the next owner. So be prepared of depreciation of around £6k in 6 months if you are paying £22k for the car :eek:

You then have common Evo problems depending on how you or the Mitsi service team drive your car ;) Such as clutches going after 1000 miles which WILL NOT be covered under warranty.

If you can cope with the above and the reasonably high insurance/anti theft costs then welcome to Evo land :) :cool:

Matt

P.S Oh I forgot about the modding disease :D How bigs your bank balance ;)

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Be aware if you are relying on the 3 years free servicing that that is only 6 services. At 4.5K miles each. So if you do more than 9000 miles a year then you won't get 3 years free servicing :)

Fuel WILL cost more than you have been paying in the Seat, trust us on this one. We have seen a few people ask similar questions as you and give similar answers (that their existing car runs optimax and uses loads so there will be little difference) only to see them selling the car 3 months later because the fuel bill is crippling them.

If you go into Evo ownership with eyes wide open with regard to what they cost then you will absolutely adore the car.

If you just think 'it won't cost much more' then you may very well end up cursing the day you decided to buy one.

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leonard said:
Ok you are only going to get max of around 180 miles to a tank at £35 for a tank of Optimax. If you drive it properly this will of course go down ;) Just used at the weekend the VI I drive goes through a tank of fuel in about 100 miles :p

You then have servicing every 4500 miles. Ok so you take the free servicing pack but you are paying for it and it isnt transferable to the next owner. So be prepared of depreciation of around £6k in 6 months if you are paying £22k for the car :eek:

You then have common Evo problems depending on how you or the Mitsi service team drive your car ;) Such as clutches going after 1000 miles which WILL NOT be covered under warranty.

If you can cope with the above and the reasonably high insurance/anti theft costs then welcome to Evo land :) :cool:

Matt

P.S Oh I forgot about the modding disease :D How bigs your bank balance ;)
Well Matt working on your theory of £35 per tank which will do 180 miles the LCR takes about £50 to fill up and you get about 280 miles of varied driving there ain't much in it.It is to late to scare me cos I have already bought it :moon:

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leonard said:
:coolsm: Enjoy :)
Younknow what I have read a few posts on these cars and talk about gloom and doom :cry: why is every one down on them but still own it ........I know you tell it how it is but why so dissing :confused:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
monkeynuts1954 said:
Younknow what I have read a few posts on these cars and talk about gloom and doom :cry: why is every one down on them but still own it ........I know you tell it how it is but why so dissing :confused:
It's not dissing? It is just telling the truth. We could lie and tell you they cost the same as a fiesta to run and never break, one of the major points of a forum like this is to let people do honest research first though.

Fact is, not a lot on the road will give you such a kick as one of these babys, however there are down sides to Evo ownership (usually involving wallets) and if somebody asks, the least existing owners can do is tell them.

·
Official MLRSS Snapper
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Weebl said:
It's not dissing? It is just telling the truth. We could lie and tell you they cost the same as a fiesta to run and never break, one of the major points of a forum like this is to let people do honest research first though.

Fact is, not a lot on the road will give you such a kick as one of these babys, however there are down sides to Evo ownership (usually involving wallets) and if somebody asks, the least existing owners can do is tell them.
fact is,not a lot on the road will give you a kick as one of these babys
thats why I bought it Weebl mate :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts