Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have been reading the posts on here with great interest as I am due to pick my first Evo from Ralliart on Saturday.

It is one of the EVO 6 RS Sprints that they did, with the HKS induction and exhaust and a boost upgrade, have also got them to re-trim the interior and fit some Recaro SPA's. Strut braces and
HKS dump valve are going on this week.

Looking forward to taking it to a good few track days, and Le Mans this year.

Be interested to see if anyone else is going to Le Mans this year?

Cheers,

EVO6RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello and welcome to the madhouse :D:D
You will find all sorts of tech info on here that will probably be helpful throughout your glorious days of Evo ownership.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and amp;lt;deep booming voice and amp;gt;
WELCOME!
and amp;lt;/deep booming voice and amp;gt;

A 6 RS Sprint eh? Nice... :D

I'm still saving up for similar (engine) mods to my 6 GSR... although I'd better learn how to handle it better first, I think ;)

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome, I'm guessing that this is the same RS Sprint that has been in the showroom at Dudley for the past month or so, if so, well done it looked a nice motor when I had a look at it. I wouldn't mind and RSsprint myself now I know a little more about owning and driving my GSR

Have fun
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

It is the same car, It is the 1st one of 12 that they did.

I think I am going to have to go in for some driving courses, I couldn't belive how fast it was when I test drove it, still felt really well planted though, although I reckon as there is No ABS, AYC etc, might be abit easier to get it all very wrong.

A slow drive home from Ralliart on Saturday I think.

Cheers,

EVO6 RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EvoRSS,
I've got an RSX which also doesn't have AYC and ABS and the only time I've lost it was on track at Silverstone so that wasn't too bad.
You really need to be doing something very very silly for it to break away from you and even when it does, without the AYC its a much more progressive breakaway rather than a sudden one. And I've only ever locked up the wheels once as well without the ABS. You find that the brakes give so much stopping power that you can get away without it.

You'l have to let us know what its like on the motorway because with the short gearing, I would imagine it'll be screaming away at 80mph|PLS| (not that you'll be doing more than 70 on the motorway of course ;))

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shorty,

I used to be/and still am into Mini's. My daily drive is one of the last Sportpack Coopers. Started because I was V. skint and needed transport.

Drove a couple and found out the were really pointy and fun. Found out you could modify them, Big Bore engine kits, suspension, etc, etc. Modified a couple, had loads of fun.

I guess that I just really loved the fact that you could blow away the XR3I/Golf GTI boys, in a straight line and around corners.

Same thing with EVO's really, I read the EVO Mag top ten car of the year articale, goes something along the lines of 'EVO 7 was the only thing that could keep up with a Zonda C12s and a Lambo'.

I thought got have one of them. Stay with a 1/4 mill supercar and only 20K. Then I found out you could bolt on loads of goodies and saved like mad to get one.

Cheers,

EVO6 RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
**** - i was thinking about going up there to take a look. Damm. If you don't mind em asking, did you get them down to under 22K - they only cost 26K new.

welcome aboard btw

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JacKal,

They wouldn't budge on the price.

In fairness I was going to pay what they were asking anyway cause once I saw it I just had to have it.

Seems I am weak when it comes to parting with cash and EVO's just like the rest of you guys. I think this is going to really expensive. I already have HKS cams, manifold, and a big brake conversion in mind.

I think I better get the Girlfirend a present now, cause she is going to kill me when she finds out how much I am going to spend on that lot.

Cheers,

EVO6 RSS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Evo6rss

if any tuners out there thinking of a sales gimmick why not try the 2 for 1 offer ,Ill be waiting at dawn.
I know what you mean about cost,I had to save like hell for the short shift lever,after spending out on a gear box rebuild last year.I'll buy a new set of wheels in about 2 years time ,already been thinking of it for the last 2 years as well .1 year per corner.
I shall get some one to build me a uni-cycle with the spare. pogo stick and a welder should do it.
Enjoy your motor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts