Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a bit of help really looking at buying my first evo really like the 7 but the 6 is more is more in my price bracket, is it worth saving the extra cash?
and any ideas how much a 7 would be to import myself all in?any web sites I can look at?

Cheers Keets

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
may sound bit daft but thought all evos were imports??
cheerz keets

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not all evo's are imports, there are some uk models like skylines best just to have a look
around. there is a decent evo 7 on autotrader for £14,500

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
someone wants to swap my 2001 type r for his black evo 7 plus £2800

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
EvoBoi said:
Not all evo's are imports, there are some uk models like skylines best just to have a look
around. there is a decent evo 7 on autotrader for £14,500
All R imports but some where offivially brought in via CCC to be sold as UK examples technically known as official Ralliart cars.

Only differences is they recieved a winter pack (heated mirrors and larger battery) and where undersealed (badly from what i hear). These have a UHU suffix if on their original plates and a numbered plaque infront of the gearstick.

U may find these Ralliart cars are cheaper to insure with some companies but most speialist perfomance insurers know EVO's as EVO's = High risk!

ps. the 1st and only tru UK EVO is the 260 i belive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
this is just so upsetting,i remember when the 6,and 7 used to hold there value so good and was a rare site,

33k they would cost brand new

those were the days

look at the 6 now every chav and wana b has one

and you can pick them up for 12-13k

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
stigmata said:
this is just so upsetting,i remember when the 6,and 7 used to hold there value so good and was a rare site,

33k they would cost brand new

those were the days

look at the 6 now every chav and wana b has one

and you can pick them up for 12-13k
Not a totally bad thing because they will most likely chav them up, maintain them on the cheap or stack them.

The tidy well looked after cars will become far and few between which could allow owners to price them higher than the going rate.....supply and demaind and all that!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
SUSSEX REIMS said:
Not a totally bad thing because they will most likely chav them up, maintain them on the cheap or stack them.

The tidy well looked after cars will become far and few between which could allow owners to price them higher than the going rate.....supply and demaind and all that!
Indeed :cool:

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
sorry but the chav / read Max Power heed is the bane of all Petrol heads - they can totally ruin the image of a good car so if you buy one (because its fun to drive) the general public will think your a chav too and hence you'll get quite a ribbing - case in point - 205 GTI fantastic car - fun to drive and a yuppie accessory in the 80's - every one wanted one (a bit like the new mini) turns chav with big spoilers (mid 90's) (no doubt the new mini will head that way)and thank god it has now become a classic and is again quite cool to drive. The VI will definitevely become a classisc however the evidence of chav has well and truly started ... poor car (for 10 years!) - after that point - definitevely the good ones will be worth a premium

1 - 16 of 16 Posts