Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Ben not new new to the forum I've been hiding in the bushes for a little while looking at cars for sale. I recently bought a relatively good condition silver evo 6 with 54k on the clock it's got a few minor mods. I just thought I would say hi and tell you a little about myself.

I used to be heavily into cars I have an NVQ2 in mechanics (even though it's just a hobby now) and have owned a few fiesta rs turbos/seat leons/106gti and built a turbo powered mx5 for my mum at 18 lol. I still have a good home workshop and friends in the trade with there own garages.

I'm now 30 and have been away from cars for a while just driving my works van for 4 years. In November I decided that I have a list of cars to own with the evo 6 being one so here I am.

I plan to get a post up as and when on the car. Over the summer I plan to media blast the underside stone chip and re paint/powder coat/polish everything but for now Im just enjoying the car.

Ben

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Hi Ben,welcome to the forum. :smthumbup

Get some pics up. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the only pic I have from when I got it home. All I have done is remove all the window stickers from old alarms/tracker/owners club. I also re wired the boost gauge it has been owned by an mlr member at some point. I can't wait to get stuck in a mate is refurbing the alloys and Im having a few bits of paint touched up to make it mint.

The underside is pretty good but I want to future proof it I think the weight/effort of a product like 3m shutz ect is worth it for piece of mind

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Welcome Ben!.
Nice silver bullet you have there.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome

I have my insurance with pace ward so just waiting for my free full membership! :smthumbup
PW are really good bud - good choice - nice to have a company you can just phone up and speak to without going through an options menu.

Welcome mate, hope to see you on Sunday week you are only up the road yes?
2xSilver VIs in one place...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PW are really good bud - good choice - nice to have a company you can just phone up and speak to without going through an options menu.

Welcome mate, hope to see you on Sunday week you are only up the road yes?
2xSilver VIs in one place...
I'm actually from pompey just live in Chi I spend most weekends in portsmouth so might pop down. i'll be the one with the squeeky brakes :lol:

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
yes, they do that...:lol:

Its a nice spot for a Sunday park up and meet as you probably know then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts