Lancer Register Forum banner

helper springs

3K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Clivew 
#1 ·
why do some coilovers have helper springs and some dont?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
the thing is it depends on how stiff your helper springs are mine are only 4lb there nothing they literilly just hold the spring in the top spring seat ,you can use allsort of stiffer stuff but then your in to duel rate stuff and thats not easy to work out ,but for a race car if thats what you want your not likly to have any wheels off the floor long enough
like i said 150 mm springs VERY low id be suprised youll get any travel out the damper id go with the 200 and adjust yoru ride height to suit
thanks, just trying to get my head around what will be best as i have the two options, thats the problem with options.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Nope, helper springs don't affect droop, the suspension design and stantion extension + anti-roll bar stiffness (if cornering) affect droop.

Use springs long enough, with the ride height you want and the suspension travel you have, to prevent the spring being coilbound before you use all available suspension travel.

If, when using these length springs, the spring comes off the spring platform at full droop, you need helpers.

Didn't I explain this to you on the phone??!! :lol:
yes you did clive, thank you very much, but i keep looking at this from different aspects and now my minds gone:crackup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.