Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at upgrading Impreza in May
Not sure if there is a great advantage in Warrenders 340/380 or should i get the UK Mitsi300 or even a bog standard one and spend money on upgrades.

Is there a new model on the horizon or tweeks to existing one
Have up to £40k to spend do not have to spend all
Long term want to get the new Skyline R35
Any help would be appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Keep some of the money for insurance and possible repairs and service. Unless you already deducted that.

You could get the 300, why not? Just make sure the parts it has on it are compatible with future upgrades, ie is the exhaust not too restrictive to run say 1,4 bars? Internal diameter matters most of all to see how restrictive an exhaust is. Or look into pre-owned Evo 6s, there is some good low mileage ones available (http://www.ralliartuk.com). Some already with performance parts on them.

I would also contact RC Developments to check if they sell a demo car or if they sell you the car cheaper if you buy one from them with their 340/380/400 bhp package.

Remember the 7s acceleration is not as good as the 6s, due mainly to weight, but the 7 is stiffer and makes up for it in corners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a new 7 from Warrenders before Christmas. It's my first Japanese car, I did look at the Subarus but I'm not too keen on the looks of the new model and it's a smaller car than the Evo - bit more difficult to pass it off to management as a sensible family car :D. The Evo's pretty roomy in the back.

I looked at the 340 package, but worked out that the bits I wanted most were the noisy bits and suspension. Tweaking the engine management stuff wasn't a major priority to me, and I decided I could get it done later if I wanted it. Dropping the wheels also reduced the price quite a bit and frankly I like the std 7 wheels anyway.

Warrenders had a nice used black 7 with the 340 package, but it worked out a bit pricey - had sat nav etc.

I did think of waiting till the UK models came out, but there were no guarantees of when they actually would be out, and even if they are out in March/April I figured I still might have trouble getting my hands on one. And I'm impatient anyway ...

Including the extra bits my car has worked out cheaper than the UK model. Feel free to email if you want any more info.

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nick ...

Ralliart are just prepping a very high spec used 6 RS450. It looks the absolute biz, has well in excess of 400 ft/lb and from what I understand is seriously strengthened internally way beyond what a warrender 380 would be. Also has antilag to light up the road during nightime http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Yours for around 29K, .... bargain if you ask me considering what else you could or couldn't get for the moeny. I believe the milegae is aroudn 12K. I was tempted to go up and see it myself but its prolly a bit out of my budget.

Alternativley, if I were staring from scratch, I would get a used 6 RS sprint and then mod it with something like the warrender 380 package, maybe strengthening the engine a bit more and also adding AP front brakes and possible some decent suspension if its also for track use. That could be 20K |PLS| around ~8k but the beauty of that used RS450 is that it will always be worth more on teh market than a heavily indivdually tuned car. At least the Warrender 7 340 and amp; 380's will hold a bit of their tuning cost on the secondhand market as they are recognised packages. But when all is said and done there's nothing liek teh enjoyment you get from modding a standard car, bit by bit and picking every single last nut and amp; bolt yourself....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I want is an out and out fast car, but with some creature comforts. Not sure if the RS fits the bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DAMN, I would get the RS450 immediately if I could use RHD. It's such a pain to get hold of parts here...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jackal,
Are you sure of the price? Value for money and Ralliart don't normally go hand in hand but that RS450 sounds good! If I thought it was up to everyday use and last the pace then even I might be tempted on a p/x :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ralliart are just prepping a very high spec used 6 RS450. It looks the absolute biz, has well in excess of 400 ft/lb

Is that a modified RS450?

I'm asking because I'd heard a very strong rumour that the 450 referred to the torque (in Nm not lb/ft) which would work
out at around 330lb/ft, not 400.

Just wondering ...

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
apparently teh car is plain white but it has been in the workshop all last week having all the red zero fighter bodykit put on and teh meister wheels etc. So it almost certainly started life as a lower spec than a 450. I know the chap who was the guinea pig for teh 1st RS450 and amp; he said he might be able to help find out about its history. There was one for sale at waregarage recently for 39K but I know that that was an extreme converted to a 450 but then with over 10 gees of mods on it on top so it was something like a 55K motor. Given that the last 2 E6 extremes Ralliart sold were around the 30K mark, i agree it does seem too good to be true so some investigation is required. As for teh torque, the 450 does refer to the torque and although the ralliart guy said on teh Lancer Video that they got close to their target of 450 lb/ft it seems that doing a serach around teh net and on this board some people say the final figure was 380 lb/ft. An RS450 owned by someone on this board dynod at 370 lb/ft at tuningjapanese. Still a massive amount of torque.

theres obviously a lot bigger bhp on offer and amp; not everyones cup o tea but for me it appeals 'cos you'd get some of the 10K extra over a standard secondhand E6 price back when and if you sell it. lookks amazing and amp; Anti lag as well and uprated cams, pistons, con rods and amp; crank. Bound to be pretty reliable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never been a Beemer or Porkchop fan.

Although the RS450 sounds very tasty, I'm looking for the comfort as well.

Is there a 7.5 or 8 due out soon?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick

The 7.5 seems to be the semi-auto option car. The 8 is not expected until next year.

For £40k you can get a Ralliart 7 Extreme. It might not be the quickest car but it does produce 340bhp and 350 ft/lbs torque. Autocar did a full test and the performance is faster than the RC 340 they tested but I suspect slower than the 380. It is based on the GSR so has all the creature comforts. Some will argue that it is expensive but the wheels alone cost £3000 - Ants has ordered a set for his RC340. The engine is bomb proof with forged pistons and conrods. Suspension bushes are upgraded and Eibach springs are fitted. All this with a 3 year warranty as well. In addition, it is a great starting point if you wish to go for real power later, as SuperL has done WITHOUT effecting the warranty!

There are other Evos you can go for such as a 6 variant, but having read your posts I suspect that the extra comfort of the 7 would be of interest. I use my Extreme as everyday transport and am still amazed at how much of an everyday car it really is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have more details on the 7 Extreme as I had today in the post from Ralliart some info, but covering letter stating new vii Extreme not released until mid June to July. I'm now somewhat confused are there 2 Vii Extremes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2 extremes ???

No one mentioned this to me from Ralliart while enquiring about the extreme a
month (or so) ago ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nick,
Is this latest Ralliart Extreme the name for the UK spec Evo VII 300 that is due out later on this year when the 'official' UK VII's come into the country? Could this be the cause of the confusion?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just speaking to Ralliart and spotted this. Situation is that they are unable to build any more 7 Extremes until the next batch of 7's are available, which will be next summer. They do not have anything to do with the UK spec cars being imported by CCC or the 300bhp version. Any more 7 Extremes will be the same spec as the others. Hope that is a little clearer.

They are building some Extreme S at the moment and plan to do an 7 RS Sprint. In addition, they have a few of the semi-auto cars coming, if your granny is interested :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Simon

Thanks for clarifying that. Looks like I'll have to wait until the summer, or look at another model.

Where can I read more about the different variants?

Nick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts