Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i've a newly imported evo 4. It is equipped with emanage as well as the E-01 controller. This car has spent most of its life on track days back in japan so the tuning was more suited for track day use. Idling is not exactly smooth and it feels like its running really rich.

After sending it for the SVA test, the car started to run really badly. Yesterday while driving normally on third gear, the engine stalled and i couldn't get to start it again.

I believe its the settings on emanage thats causing the problems. I've checked for spark, it does fire just alittle at the beginning when cranking up, but no spark after that. The injectors are not firing either, but the ECU is live.

From what i gathered so far, there maybe a problem with the speed signal sensor? Probably not configured properly on the emanage. The weird thing is the engine was running fine and decided to stop just so suddenly.

I would like to give it a go with setting up the emanage with no tuning, or corrections so it will just run off the factory's original maps. I hope to get the car started and running again until i can go to the nearest rolling road.

I need advice on setting up for evo 4.

1.) under speed sensor signal, it starts from 2p,4p,6p, all the way to 16p. which do i choose?
2.) airflow meter sensor, it is a 5 or 6wire sensor, which i think is stock, if it is indeed stock, which option should i choose?

can i simply to this: for example load Data 1, change the perimeters to only airflow and ignition, leave them on 0 values throughout the range then choose initialize and the car will run on the new settings which will be factory settings?

I hope someone can help me diagnose the problem.

THank you very much!

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
Hi ZZlights

I thought the e manage is just like a piggy ecu can you not just unplug it and use the oe ecu to get you to the rolling road so they can set it up for you ??

Lee

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, the emanage is a piggy back ecu, but i don't think the factory ecu can run properly just by unplugging the emanage. I think the wiring harness has changed.

Just spent quite awhile going thru the procedures on the manual to set up the emanage, i am beginning to think the problem might not be emanage itself.

The engine cranks up, but no spark, no fuel...what can i do?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
prob no spark

no spark and no injector switching,
sounds like crankshaft sensor to me,
its located behind timing cover..
good luck..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts