Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi thereim really hoping and wanting to get an evo soon have seen so many and for some reason even though they are not the newest i prefer the evo 6's in silver, just wonderin if anyone has any pics and also if anyone can help me with the engine bit are they all the same top speed etc etc cheers peeps

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
For pics go to Registry->View cars and you can filter to view just 6s. Finding a silver one won't be hard as most people have silver.

RE the engine and spec they are all the same. There are some engine differences between the GSR and Tommi Mak Edition (TME) but nothing major.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice

seen some nice silver ones thanks do they come with those oz rims standard the multi spoke ones ? so can anyone help me in terms of tuning what goes best with them etc. sorry dont know much am gettin some knowledge together. are they very quick or are 8 and 9 much much quicker. sorry for all the q's but how much would a silver one be around with very low mileage perhaps 20,000 and what year is the newest

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Re: nice

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
> seen some nice silver ones thanks do they come with those
> oz rims standard

Yep.

> are they very quick or are 8 and 9 much much quicker.

8 and 9 are slower to 60 but handle better so are probably faster getting from A to B.

> sorry for all the q's but how much would a silver one be around
> with very low mileage perhaps 20,000 and what year is the newest

You'd struggle to find a VI with those miles, but around 12k.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok

thanx mate you have been real helpful :cool: i will be 20 am i just gettin too ahead of myself i mean in terms of insurance, i pay 1300 for my car now, just done that pass plus thing so will tell them should reduce it a bit.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,799 Posts
Re: ok

corsasrisilver said:
thanx mate you have been real helpful :cool: i will be 20 am i just gettin too ahead of myself i mean in terms of insurance, i pay 1300 for my car now, just done that pass plus thing so will tell them should reduce it a bit.
But going from a group 8 car to a group 20 car will soon wipe out that reduction :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
The best thing to do is get a nice cold beer or 3 and spend a few hours trawling the threads etc on this site. I can't imagine there being to many topics that haven't been covered.

Thats exactly what I did and got to know a lot of stuff in a very short period of time. It will also highlight stuff you never even thought about.

Also, whilst your current motor is nice......it's not anywhere near an Evo VI interms of speed and handling etc.........worry about the tuning side of things after you've got the car and got use to what it can and cannot do.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
And its not just the purchase and insurance, running costs at 12-25 mpg are high, service costs at 4500mile intervals, and then you hope nothing major goes wrong!

I have just done discs and pads, clutch, gearbox and diff, not ot mention the upgrades i added.

Must have spent 10k this year alone.

Steve

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
yeh, thats why im putting mine up for sale - i only worked out the other day im spending 90 - 100 a week on petrol! had no idea i was spending that much :rolleyes: :blah:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Re: Re: ok

Aidy said:
But going from a group 8 car to a group 20 car will soon wipe out that reduction :)
The car he has Aidy is group 17e.
Not that that will matter though! Daddy pays for everything ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts