Lancer Register Forum banner

Help with AVC-R and S-AFC Settings needed

1K views 16 replies 0 participants last post by  Wazuptommi 
G
#1 ·
Can those who use the AVC-R and S-AFC mods post their S-AFC Hi-throttle map and AVC-R boost and DUTY settings please?
I am running 1,4 bars mid-range, 1,3 at 3,000 and 1,3 from 5,500. I get fuel cut at 6,000 rpms.
The S-AFC Hi-throttle map is set to -4 at 4,000, -8 at 5,000 and -6 at 6,000. I dont want to risk running too lean, so I didnt lower the 6,000 rpm setting. Although I think it runs pretty rich hi up.
Already lowered the overboost (Start Duty) in 4th and 5th gear.

Any help appreciated.

G
#2 ·
Claudius, I have both an S-AFC and AVC-R, but am much more conservative on boost (peaks at less than 1.15 bar, sustains between 1.0 and 1.1), so may not be the same. Don't have the other details of the AVC-R on me right now.

As for S-AFC settings, they are (kept handy on my Palm V):

RPM ('000s) Hi(%) Lo(%)
1 |PLS|12 |PLS|10
2 |PLS|16 |PLS|10
3 |PLS|20 |PLS|9
4 |PLS|16 |PLS|9
5 |PLS|10 |PLS|13
5.5 -20 |PLS|13
6.5 -45 |PLS|11
7 -50 |PLS|9

Lo throttle 25%
Hi throttle 65%

I know a bit strange that there's negative correction the higher up the rev-range, but this was tuned on a RR and of course with a proper A/F sensor probe. Am getting 233HP at the wheels with above settings. Car is an Evo 5 w/ cone-type filter, downpipe and exhaust mods. All else is standard.

Not sure how applicable all this will be for your situation-- I live in a tropical country, so it's much warmer and more humid than in Europe. And our best petrol is only 97 octane. |EQU|(

Good luck!

G
#3 ·
Hmm...

I think this board doesn't like tabs. The figures above were supposed to appear in tabulated format, but it didn't quite work. That's three columns, hope it's readable anyway.

Cheers

G
#4 ·
Hesperus

Thanks for your help. I used to have my AVC-R set to 1,15 before I got the S-AFC, without correction, got no fuel cuts there. I suspect you just run very rich there. -45/50 sounds A LOT, are you sure that's ok?

Try setting the start duty in 1st gear to |PLS|3 and |PLS|2 in 2nd gear, you will get a nice improvement!! ;)

G
#6 ·
Hi Claudious,I am intrigued I run the AVC and AFC set up BY RC Developements.I peak at 1.5 bar and no fuel cuts,standard ecu.Can you tell me what your duty cycle settings are starting at 3500rpm and I will tell you mine.

Regards Barry:)

G
#7 ·
duty around 50 at 3,500 going up to 65 or so at 7000. But except in 5th I dont get the boost right, it goes up and down. But the duty is so low already! From what I understand, the boost setting is max boost and the duty is the real boost characteristics curve. Do we agree on this? I dont get fuel cuts anymore, but I dont get the boost either.
How much have you leaned out the hi throttle map on the AFC? I have -2 at 3,000 -4 at 4,000 -8 at 5,000 and -3 or 4 at 7,000.
Shoul I lean it out more? Is my duty BS? I havent got time to try it out at the moment, my gf is here ;)

G
#9 ·
Hi AndrewN

It works, I just have to set it up right. I would normally have gone to RC Developments, but they are 1,500 miles away, so it's a bit much to drive up there to set your BC and AFC! I will get a wideband lamba reading in 2 or 3 weeks time asa my tuner comes by with his stuff.

I like your link setup, but I'm a little worried about changing all those settings without EGT. Where did you tap the sensor in? Manifold (no2?) or lower? Damn, I was supposed to get a CAMP but it came without a screen and no tactile input as advertised...

G
#10 ·
Hi Claudious,it would seem you are a little out on the settings.Boost duty cycles,3500|EQU|68%..4000|EQU|68%..
4500|EQU|70%..5000|EQU|71%..5500|EQU|72%..6000|EQU|76%..6500|EQU|76%.Fuel Hi settings 1000|EQU|-15..2000|EQU|-15..3000|EQU|-17..4000|EQU|-19..5000|EQU|-17..6000|EQU|-13..7000|EQU|-12..8000|EQU|-11.

Fuel Lo settings 1000|EQU|-4..2000|EQU|-7..3000|EQU|-10..4000|EQU|-10..5000|EQU|-10..6000|EQU|-8..7000|EQU|-5..8000|EQU|-3.

I would say with your settings you were set to lean hence fuel cut.The above are conservative settings with a good curve.I have had the boost settings higher ie 85% duty cycles but I overboosted and had fuel cut due to sticking actuator hit 1.7 bar,so we turned the settings down.I have experienced no problems since so we will be setting up the car again and turning up the cycles.But with these settings Im still hitting 1.45 and holding 1.35 -1.4. Give it a try you will be okay with these settings.Regards Barry:)

G
#11 ·
Wow, your Hi throttle map is really lean!

But I think the pb comes from the AVC-R duty settings, I just dont get the duty right, it overboosts, jump up and back down, unstable boost. I have lowered the duty to 40% now but obviously I dont get any boost. In 5th I get like 1,0 bar!!

Your S-AFC hi throttle settings are much leaner than I was told by Clive (he probably knew I was going to try it even without measuring the AF mixture ;))

How has your fuel consumption changed? Mine jumped up 20%. I guess with a map as lean as yours, you can compensate for the OEM running too rich and make up for the fuel pressure. IS that so?

G
#13 ·
egt is in manifold (number 1) i guessed that the fuel pressure would be lowest there so it would be the leanest...i know in the us they say no 2 but who knows. i don't like post turbo. i fitted an alarm to the egt as well, in the heat of battle you don't have time to look at the gauge

andrew

G
#14 ·
Claudios, My fuel consumption has improved,I do have the Walbro high pressure pump fitted and the FSE Regulator,

With the AVC-r I was wondering have you left it in self learn mode?If you have that could be the reason for your boost problems.

Regards Barry:)

G
#15 ·
I have the Walbro pump too, the 61 GPH one. And the FSE as well.

My car is a TME. COuld it be that you have like basically the same car? If my AVCR were set up correctly that is...

If your fuel consumption improved, it confirms that OEM is too rich in some areas and you corrected it. That is very good to hear. I cant wait for the lamba reading. DId you have to take out the radiator as well to get the lambda reader in?

G
#17 ·
Claudius,I spoke to Clive at RC he suggested you give him a ring,he knows the problem you have and how to correct it.It is a bit involved,so I think its best if I let him explain.

Yes My car is also a TME.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.