Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What up guys?

I'm new on the forum, and I need a little bit help. I'm from Guatemala and over here we have JDM fever. I really want to buy an evo 4 but I don't know which oil to use and weight for the transmission and diferentials.

The car will have around 90,000km or more

Oils that are sold in Guate that are worth buying: motul, castrol, mobil.

I want to do it myself cause if i go to a shop, there gonna eat me alive for the fact of having an evo, since these cars were never sold here.

I need help with the engine too, what oil and weight?
What oil filter fits on the evo? Can I use one from a Galant, Eclipse or 3000GT VR-4.

I'd really apreciate it guys, since this kind of info is really hard to get here

Thanks

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oil filter you want is MZ690115 anyway, loads of threads on here about various oils, something thicker if its a warm country? Was using 10w50 the last while but going trying 10w40 next, probably much of a muchness once both are good quality oils.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oil filter you want is MZ690115 anyway, loads of threads on here about various oils, something thicker if its a warm country? Was using 10w50 the last while but going trying 10w40 next, probably much of a muchness once both are good quality oils.
Thanks for the info. Is the MZ690115 an OEM part? Because if it is, I'm not gonna be able to get it here, not even with the dealership.

The oil that I saw yesterday was Motul 300V Competition 15W50, What do you think about that one??????

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah, thats an OEM part, no Mitsi dealerships there? The local Mitsi dealership had it on the shelf here, use it in domestic cars as well as the evo import. I really don't know about the oil, as I said I'm going trying a lighter grade oil, but it would be a bit cooler here I'd imagine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do have Mitsu dealers here, but i cannot ask for it as an evo part, cause they dont have manuals for it. The only car that came like that was subaru impreza. Thats why i was asking if i could use the same oil filter of 3000gt or GTO for the evo.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just ask if they have the part no. in stock, don't say what its for, and they'd tell you wether they have it or not :smthumbup It has different engine no's on it too 4G1, 4G6, 4G9, (6A1)

4G1 is normal 1.3 and I think 1.6 sohc engine, 4G6 is evo (among others) 4G9 is 1.8 gsr, 1.6 mivec (and 1.8 fto? probably others too) and 6A1 is 6 cylinder engines, not sure which ones, so definitly worth an ask since that covers a lot :smthumbup

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ask if they have the part no. in stock, don't say what its for, and they'd tell you wether they have it or not :smthumbup It has different engine no's on it too 4G1, 4G6, 4G9, (6A1)

4G1 is normal 1.3 and I think 1.6 sohc engine, 4G6 is evo (among others) 4G9 is 1.8 gsr, 1.6 mivec (and 1.8 fto? probably others too) and 6A1 is 6 cylinder engines, not sure which ones, so definitly worth an ask since that covers a lot :smthumbup
Thanks man, i appreciate it

I'll let you know what they tell me in the dealership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts