Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i have wanted a evo 6 for a long time now . Now its time to buy 1 but i dont no what bad things to look out for also are all the rallieart editions imported and do they all have the stage 1 upgrade . what i basicaly want is a standerd car so i can do the mods i want instead of 1 thats been done to suit some1 else im looking to spend between £9000 -£12000 but there are different models out there so whats the best for this kind of money thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i would go for a red tme but it really depends what you want. for your budget you could probably get a silver, white or blue tme but for a good decent red or black one you might need 14k+...

moneywise you might be better getting an imported 6 for around 9 - 10k and spend the rest on mods.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
top of the list has to be a Tommi

Tommi, best looks for a 6 with all the standard GSR Bits

GSR, great all round car, lots to choose from, so should be able to get yourself a good one for a good price

RS. Stripped out rally base car. doesnt have any of the GSR toys (AYC, ABS ect) also doesnt have remote central locking, electric windows, and less sound deading, so can be noisey, best really for a track day car.

RSII, Cross between and RS and a GSR, has all the creature comforts of the GSR with out the AYC.

Tommi RS, probably the rarest 6 you can get, and probably the best there is to own and probably out of your price range.

What car you coming from? and have you had a go in an Evo yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to you all for your help so it sounds more like the tme for me is there any bad bits to look out for ie brakes bushes bearings and so on thanks again for your help

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
hang on here.

the tme is the one to own in terms of retaining value and exclusivity.

But, it is just a gsr with ti turbo, a different (uglier imho) front bumper, some special seat embroidery and better suspension.

The RSX or RS2, gives you the same ti turbo, but with the more power capable 10.5t housing, the same special suspension, the normal looking bodywork, a big weight reduction without losing creature comforts and a better feeling quicker steering rack, then add to that the RS drivetrain. Only downside imho is lack of abs, and some would say lack of ayc which breaks often and costs more to service.

Plus it tends to hold value rather well too, if not quite as well as a mak.

from a drivers point of view rather than a poser/pub talk point of view, it is the more educated choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts