Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im lookin to purchase boost controller b4 i get my car ecuteked and was wondering which one is best and easy to use?? hks,blitz,apexi etc??

Also ive a :mitsi:ix 340 and was wondering what is a safe/max boost pressure to run the car at with the controller for now with no ecutek done?? Ive a 255pump and bolts fitted..:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
The APEXI AVC-R without any doubt is the most capable and superior unit! Once fitted you will never have to alter the settings mate & on that I would let whoever is carrying out the ecutek to also fit the boost controller.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The APEXI AVC-R without any doubt is the most capable and superior unit! Once fitted you will never have to alter the settings mate & on that I would let whoever is carrying out the ecutek to also fit the boost controller.
Cheers m8 gona order one up now will have a look on ebay:smthumbup Do u no what sort of max boost is safe for a evo 9 and would the car run ok without the ecutek and jus the boost controller at the moment??

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
AVCR is what I have really good, also heard good reports on the HKS one cant remeber what its called tho

·
Registered
768 Posts
greddy is a good unit got the older version in mine but its simple to use and does what its ment to.
avcr is a tricky unit to set up and is a big screen to try fit somewhere.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Why buy the avcr when the greddy one is just as good??:confused:

Whats better about the avcr??

It has been said that the avcr is tricky to set up and complicated.:confused:
its quiet easy when you get shown how to use it, cant comment on the Greddy, most tuners recommend the AVCR tho, think you'll find

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
have used AVCR & GREDDY.
avcrs are good and does many things but the greddys just as capable of contolling boost smoothly.
buy a 2nd hand one and save a few bob:smthumbup

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Just had a Gizzmo IBC fitted to my IV and its amazing bit of kit. Sits just behind the steering wheel so very easy to change setting on the fly (has 4 settings u can prog) and lots of other features :smthumbup
Was going for a Apexi but didnt like the PSP look of the thing plus the Gizzmo is over £100 cheaper and does just as good a job as the Apexi.

Got mine fitted at FCM Bristol

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have an apexi avc-r and its superb its best set up when you get it mapped but its very clever, i got mine from the u.s for £210 delivered got away with high custom fees as most parts dealers there will mark it as low value gift

·
Gizzmo Distributor
8,573 Posts
I know that dealers are having a lot of trouble with the Greddy's...
Flakey is one word I heard them described as...
Worth having a word with TanTrum as he had a good deal on his Gizzmo all fitted up and good to go...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Boost control???

Personally I think the AVC-r unit is very good piece of kit although takes time setting up...but once there its 2nd to none and perfect for exact levels boost control - main problem is though is where to mount the thing, although I have seen a black version fitted flush in the single din position under the radio on an 8, VERY SMART!!!!

I have a Blitz DSBC which is just ok (see pic below) - it does have double solenoids for more prescise control but personaal I dont have enough control over it say compared wih the AVC-r. (good for moderate boost control but as soon as you go above 1.4bar I feel it goes way ward)

I have a Gizzmo unit on route which Im ging to try in a week or so's time as have heard good reports of its intelligent processor control etc. (£150 delivered)

Greddy's also seem to be good.....have a colllegue who has one and holds boost perfectly and at £175 delivered (from UK) it's a steal.

The one many people go for at present is the HKS EVC 6...but you'll pay for it too, Ive seen them delivered from the states for £280 or from the UK at £2,000!!!!!!! (more like 350+ to be honest)

Attachments

·
Banned
4,978 Posts
seriously, the avcr is the boost controller to have.

its fittin the thing thats hard.

to set-up, u jus put it on self learn in 3rd or 4th gear and presto.

once u have done this, u can set it up one gear at a time.

ok so it takes an hour an a half to set up, but well worth its weight in gold.

this is jus my opinion mind u.

- stel

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered a Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller on Sunday of ebay £220 delivered so happy days:)

Cheers for all av the advice:smthumbup

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Good job!!!!

£220 delivered is pretty keen - was that for the black version?? (where from mrdevo?)

If your upto it then connect and fit it all up yourself.....its not that bad a job but quite fiddley especially when connecting up to the ecu. Take your time and check, check & check again evrything you've connected the cabling up to.

As V2 mentioned...it really is that good.

Happy Boosting.....:smthumbup

Im over Newtownards direction if your local and need a hand.

Jones.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts