Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so I've had a rough idle and a loss of power on acceleration from standstill for a couple of weeks now and Its driving me crazy.

I had two fault codes P0202 and P0350 which I have looked up something to do with ignition coils. I've replaced all the ignition coils and the spark plugs. I've also changed the fuel relay and checked the FPR vac hose.

I've now replaced the MAF sensor, nothing seems to have made a difference and now I'm struggling with ideas, I don't wanna put it into a dealer unless I have to as they don't seem to know much about their own cars and charge astronomical prices.

Is there anything else that I may be able to check myself before having to get it looked at??

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've disconnected the battery for about half hour, not sure if this has worked or not, done about 40 miles in and have had one spazzy moment which lasted a couple of minutes tops. Gave it a blast down the duely and so far so good, touch wood. Hoping and praying this has solved it!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK scrap that!! Still having issues, seems to start when the car warms up, it's fine first thing when it's cold ��

Premium Member
I had the same problem with my 6, turned out to be the cam sensor. It was fine when cold but once up to temperature it wouldn't run properly.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I havent, which other ones would you suggest?

Dam thing is doing my nut, the AYC pump has only gone and packed up again now for the 3rd time :wallbang::wallbang:

Premium Member
Is the evo x standard ? If not what sort of things have been done

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not standard no, it's remapped to 368bhp, aem cold air filter, uprated con rods, I think high flow fuel filter, upper intercooler pipes ...think that's it.

The idle seems not as bad as it was, it revs at around 1000 rpm the randomly drops off to about 600 and sounds almost as tho it's choking, then when I'm driving it, manly when accelerating from a stop it's sometimes sluggish and doesn't seem to want to pick up very quick, seems fine when it hits about 2500-3000 rpm

Premium Member
Your symptoms seem to fit the issues with the other relays. Info here - http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58941#/topics/58941?_k=5oetww

-What does the new MFI relay do?

It is the Multport Fuel injection relay and controls the pulsing of the injector during idle, cruise, and WOT. If this relay goes bad or quits working your car won't start.

-What does the throttle actuator relay do?

It control the solenoid on the throttle plate and allows the throttle blade to move when you hit the gas pedal, if this relay goes bad, you will likely get a limp mode code or the car will idle strange, or not start at all.

-What does the starter relay do?

It controls the starter solenoid to engage the starter, if this relay goes out, you can't start your car.

-What does the injector relay do?

It controls the injector duty cycles during all forms of operation, idle, cruise, WOT. If this relay goes bad, you will likely get a limp mode code and could cause no start or lean conditions.

-What does the fuel pump relay do?

It controls the high to low pulse on the fuel pump during cruise to WOT operation. If it fails then you will run dangerously lean and could cause serious damage to your motor.

Premium Member
Any updates? Mine has had some similar symptoms recently but not as bad as yours overall. I have similar mods too and my first port of call was changing the fuel relay. The old fuel relay was a blue one and seemed fine so swapped my old injector relay with it.

Idle seems more stable now and car is running fine. Will keep an eye on it. I'll be getting a full set of replacement relays soon as a precaution.

Found this diagram -

Might be a bit overkill but majority of those relays are the same as the fuel pump which is known to be dodgy so makes sense to replace the lot surely?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got 4 more relays on order so am hoping that might make a difference, I've not really driven it over the weekend so have not noticed any improvement, it did improve slightly when I canged the fuel relay so I'm kinda hoping if I do the rest it may do the trick :thumbup:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK so still no better, I've changed the actuator relay and the injector relay now and no sign of any change.

I might sound silly but could it be the fuel pump itself? I think I had a high flow fuel pump fitted at xtreme-UK about 4 years ago.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts