Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just about to go home for lunch. I slowly reversed full lock, noticed a 'clunk' sort of noise. Then I started to drive off slowly. I then noticed a 'thud' on every revolution of the drivers front wheel. Then I pressed the accelerator and noticed the revs shooting up without the car increasing in speed, similar symptoms as a ****ed clutch.

I've just called recovery to take me home, bloody stomachs growling now:goingmad:.

I'm a bit unsure what the problem is, I'm thinking the drive shaft has popped out. I'm not a mechanic, would just like a few opinions please. Just out of interest how much are driveshafts incase this is the fault.

Thanks

Ant.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Ant,
I'm not mapping that car anymore tonight now so should be able to pop over whenever you want. Drop me a text to let me know.

Andy

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Andy, you're a true star. I'm still waiting for the recovery truck at the moment. I specified a flat bed just to be sure. They sent the wrong vehicle at first, so Hopefully It wont be too long for the right one. Whenever you get time mate, I'll be home at 5. *crossed fingers* lol

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Well that took a whole 5 mins to diagnose eh Ant :D

Jacked the car up and the wheel was free spinning ;)

Snapped driveshaft :( :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for popping round Andy. Just trying to find a replacement now. Nothing yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts