Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Managed to scrape the passenger side front wing and bumper around the arch this evening pulling the car into my garage....really pi88ed at myself :mad:
I haven't dented the wing or anything, wheres a good place near High Wycombe or Slough that i can get this sorted....will a Chips Away agent be able to sort this?

Anyway this what i've done

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have ChipsAway coming round tomorrow afternoon to sort out somithing quite similar, the said £70 for cash ! I will let you know how I get on.

The guy I picked does 50% of his work at the local Mercedes garage so can't be to bad !

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Not all of the ChipsAway operatives are as good as they ought to be. I would only use one again if he could demonstrate his expertise.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
chips away people r cack
they only use air dry paints in cellulose so rubiish
u should use 2k primer base coat and 2k laquer anyway how can anybody do a good job by spraying anything outside with all the **** blowing buy

that my opion but im byast as i own a custom car body shop thats easy repaired u only get wot u pay for guys
cheap is cheap..

·
Registered
70 Posts
disco dave said:
chips away people r cack
they only use air dry paints in cellulose so rubiish
u should use 2k primer base coat and 2k laquer anyway how can anybody do a good job by spraying anything outside with all the **** blowing buy

that my opion but im byast as i own a custom car body shop thats easy repaired u only get wot u pay for guys
cheap is cheap..
You want to listen to this bloke he knows what hes talking about ;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
cheers darren thought u was coming over to the dark side as saw a postages ago on a silver evo shamewe didnt get tio finish the gtir but i know how u felt sometimes its best to give up and move on mate..

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Speak to Melvin @ Sunnyside Autos in Reading, his work is concours standard and warrantied for life. Hes always got prestige cars in you can inspect before you have yours done.
Tell him Ian Johnson (black evo) sent you..he might give you a good price, failing that, he might do me a good price when he sorts my wing and bonnet out next month! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts