Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help with the past of either of these 2 vehicles I am currently looking at with Ralliart?

W606 COH and and V433 EJR ( both satellite silver extremes )

Thanks in advance,
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
John.......

can't help you with the histories but aren't they a bit overpriced. Also bear in mind that as soon as you buy either one and put some miles on it it will be worth next to nothing. There is a 40 thou mile silver extreme currently up for sale in the East Midlands Herald (think thats right ?) for about 22 grand !!!

Surely you'd be better off buying a 5K miles 6 RS or RSX and making it faster than the extreme for a lot less money ? They do look the part I have to agree but its mainly down to teh 18' alloys which I think come in at about 400 quid a wheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot comment on the history, and value for money is a matter of personal belief. However, the thing that makes these cars look so good is more than wheels. The carbon bodywork, lowered suspension and the colour scheme makes a total package that IMHO is the best looking Evo of the lot. In addition, I saw these 2 cars and they both look incredible with very high specs, way beyond the standard 6 Extreme spec.

The other thing that regular readers will know that I would ask is are you offered a warranty with these cars. It might not be important to some, but it is to me! It also seems about right to me that a car with 35,000 miles more is priced at that level.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon.......

I saw your post on the wanetd section looking for a zero fighetr. If you really want an ultimate evo why don't you get in touch with waregarage.com. They had a sub 10k mile RS450 for sale at about 38 grand... but it had loads of stuff on it and was at least a 50-55grand car. Bags of torque !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Simon,

you in Wimbledon ? If you are ever passing through Teddington on any w/e let me know... I would love to see your EXtreme.

Picked up a copy of CCC today and have to say the red over white 7 extreme looks fabulous in it, esp. the pic of the flames coming out of the exhaust :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jackal

OK, I'll drop you a mail.

Totally agree about the 450. That would be a stunning car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jackal: Could you do me a favour mate and send me/post any more information on the extreme that you saw in the Herald for 22k.

Thanks, John.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John....

sorry mate, just heard it in passing converstaion with someone down I met down at Dragon. Best bet is to find all the papers that are called something Midlands Herald. Pretty suer the guy said east midlands.

Its bound to be advertised elsewhere... have U checked autotrader.co.uk, topmarques.co.uk, findit.co.uk or even web searches for evo |PLS| extreme |PLS| for |PLS| sale etc...

40 thou miles sounds like a lot to me though....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Jackal,
Checked everything you said but with no luck. The car may be high mileage but 21k is very cheap. Worth a good look at least.

Thanks for your advice everyone but i still think the extreme is more unique and stands out more than an rs or rsx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts