Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a member of the forum and have been for a while. Although iv owned a few evo s mostly standard, I will be purchasing an evo 6. I trust the guy but he had the engine rebuilt and my knowledge is not that good. He goes his done the following:
Weisco forged pistons
H beam rods
Evo 9 polished crank
Acl race bearings
New genuine oil pump
Balance shafts delete kit
Evo 9 turbo
Turbo elbow 3inch
New engine seals
Aftermarket headmaster
Big fmic
Waldron 255 fuel pump

What you think I will have to get it mapped but I'm a bit, well scared, tbh in case something goes bang as iv always had standard engines with the few air mods, any help would be very much appreciated l.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
The parts are fine but I would want receipts for them not just a description, who built the engine and when? How many miles ago? I'm guessing not many if it's not mapped. It's probably good for 400-450 bhp at that but surely someone wouldn't build an engine and not get it mapped!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply chiz. The engine will be rebuilt just before I buy it as the chap I'm buying it from owns his own mechanics place but mainly deals in German cars. His basically selling it at a loss and the deal is hell do the engine to that spec and il have to map it. Do you think that spec is decent but more importantly reliable. What would a decent map cost me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
I'm guessing it's a walbro fuel pump? If so fine. The spec is fine reliability will depend on how well it's built and the map you put on it. You could run it all day at 300bhp and 1.2 bar or you could run it at 2.2 bar and push over 450 bhp but it's more likely to break. Go for a sensible 400bhp at say 1.8 bar and reliability will be fine as long as your driving is fine.

A map will be £300-500

1 - 5 of 5 Posts