Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help Needed

Hi guys,I have just had to have my car towed home.I was pushing quite hard in 4th gear when it felt like a fuel cut but the engine didnt come back on

I coasted all the way down the bypass and pulled over but coulnt get engine to start the engine was turning over but wouldnt fire up at all. the recovery bloke said there was no fuel getting to the engine as he checked a valve saying there should be fuel but no luck

any ideas what the problem is?????
ps.the car is a evo5

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
anyone have any ideas?

I have had a new actuator and it serviced about 800 miles ago at norris design.The car is also running on optimax.
Does it sound like the fuel pump is knackered to you guys.
Is it a expensive job for a new fuel pump?
Thanks 4 any replies.
sorry this should be with the earlier post<help needed>

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Sounds like the Foo Foo valve on the warp dimension drive, not cheap :eek: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :blush:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the roadside guy said there was no fuel getting to the engine,but he only looked over the top of the engine and he said there was a valve that u can test to make sure the fuel is coming through.
I dont know if he was talking crap or if he knew what he was on about.
another £180 to get it to simon now.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
ryan-h said:
the roadside guy said there was no fuel getting to the engine,but he only looked over the top of the engine and he said there was a valve that u can test to make sure the fuel is coming through.
I dont know if he was talking crap or if he knew what he was on about.
another £180 to get it to simon now.
he would have been referring to your 'fuel pressure regulator'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts