Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just fixed hks 272 cams and valve spring,fse fuel regulator and power enterprise 1.2mm head gasket.at 1st the car run normally but the next day the car got problem.when idling the car will stop itself.then restart it,it will become normal.but when start to move the car will jerk.when check the fuel pressure gauge at the fuel regulator the pressure drop to zero whenever it start to stop.just like there was no fuel supply to the engine.i thought the fuel pump failed so i change a walbro 255 fuel pump.the problem still the same.

any idea wats the problem? :cry:

sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone.... I'm new to the site...

Evo4.5.... what ecu are you using for your EVO.... you can try resetting your ECU and it might be a bit of a help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. disconnect you battery and leave your car over night.
2. when you start your car, turn off everything ie a/c, lights, stereo
3. wait until the fan goes on and then off
4. switch off your car
5. start it again but turn everything on.... a/c to full
6. wait until the fan goes on and then off
7. switch off you car..

the resetting is complete.... this is to let the ecu to relearn the idle and a/f ratio (within the stock parameters).... hope that's help... if you use 272 cams.... do suggest you change your ecu

·
Registered
28 Posts
hope it helps la.... if you have anymore problems... I can help you ask my mechanic... he is the best with evo's in Hong Kong...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Sai Ray,

You can reset the ECU faster if you turn your key to "On" position after disconnecting the battery. It should take no more than 15 minutes to drain out the NiCd/NiMH/LiPo cell capacity of the ECU and most other electronic device like your gauges and boost controlers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
RAY.... remember... it is not a good idea to have your keys in while you disconnect the battery.... can mass up the system in your car.......... btw.... have to wait until holday over to get the quote for your tomei cams.... call you when I know the price

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is ok, I've done it many times.

Alternatively, use a DC battery charger set to 2A or less discharge current. the IGN and GND are the first two pins on lower right of the 26 pins ECU connector.

·
Registered
28 Posts
easy man... comming very soon... you going morning drive rite??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts