Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. I need some help. I was driving my car today and as soon as I dip my clutch the car would judder a bit. When approaching and junction and stopping it would try and cut out.. in the end I realised that it would only do it when my aircon was on.. the cat drives bang on when the air on isn't on though. What could the cause be? I have good vacuum and car is boosting right. Also running a tial bov but my car is running SD. Only started doing it today. Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Regional Organiser
Hi guys.. I need some help. I was driving my car today and as soon as I dip my clutch the car would judder a bit. When approaching and junction and stopping it would try and cut out.. in the end I realised that it would only do it when my aircon was on.. the cat drives bang on when the air on isn't on though. What could the cause be? I have good vacuum and car is boosting right. Also running a tial bov but my car is running SD. Only started doing it today. Any help appreciated

Have you disconnected the battery recently? If so could need the good old ECU relearning :handsup:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery was disconnected 130 or so miles ago when a new clutch was fitted. Been done until today though

Premium Member
Shooter is onto something. Just to finish off. If it isn't right today then. Disconnect the battery for about 5 mins, reconnect. start the engine with the air con switched on, leave idling for 15 mins to be sure then take it for a drive. It's just that the ecu hasn't learned the base idle settings properly after the last disconnect.

Premium Member
Shooter is onto something. Just to finish off. If it isn't right today then. Disconnect the battery for about 5 mins, reconnect. start the engine with the air con switched on, leave idling for 15 mins to be sure then take it for a drive. It's just that the ecu hasn't learned the base idle settings properly after the last disconnect.

usually disconnect the battery for 20 secs or so, then start and let the car idle with everything electrical turned off, after 10 mins (still running) then switch on everything electrical and continue to leave to idle for another 10 mins

Not sure if there is a definitive process as such, but continue to idle with everything on is generally a part of it

Stu

Premium Member
Not sure if there is a definitive process as such, but continue to idle with everything on is generally a part of it

Stu
Yeah i think your right mate, i fit a battery to mine last month and just let it idle for 15 mins with not even the air con switched on and all is fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts