Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted hks hyper max coilovers and the car feels like its all over the place.....can some help me ...i have 19" fitted also...
I need the correct geometry settings...please help!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
When you say "all over the place", what excactly do you mean? Understeer? Oversteer? Better turning right, than left? Or vice versa?

What geometry settings did you you go with after fitting? Stock or your own setup?

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi mate..when going over small bumps in the road it feels really unsettled....pulls to the right alot also when going in a straight line....the setup is standard on it just now....just need to know what i should do to sort it.....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Don't know much about the HKS Hypermax, but from what I've read they are height and damper adjustable with spring rates twice that of the standard suspension. Perhaps your damper setting to stiff?

Pulling to right could suggest your geometry is either out or a problem with the front tyre/wheel. Did you have you the geometry redone after you installed the suspension?

Standard setup is 0mm toe and -1° cambre up front. With 3mm toe and -1° cambre in the rear.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
They're all the same - as said above -1 degree camber all round, 0mm toe in front 3mm toe in rear.

I would suggest running -1.5 deg camber all round for improved grip.

Changing the ride height causes camber & toe changes - set the ride height you want, then get the settings above dialled in and take it from there!

Mind changing your settings will change tyre/road contact, so the tyres will take quite a few miles to bed in to their new settings!

Cheers :)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I'm tempted to go to -2 deg on the front - what's your front tyre wear like running this, Dave? I had -2 on the back of mine when I fitted the springs, and it ate up the insides of the tyres quick smart :mad:

Cheers :)

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
its a balance . tyre wear is rather a problem when running cambers over 1.5 degree's .
there is a hard and fast rule about front and rear camber on evo's and that is always try to have half as much on the rear as the you have on the front . 1mm toe in will give a fairly neutral feel .

dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts