Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, well i've managed to get hold of a Nokia 5800 (excellent phone by the way !) problem is, its on orange and i want it unlocked to take my o2 simcard, after speaking to several phone unlockers they reckon it would take about a week to unlock as its orange, i dont fancy giving the phone to them for a week, so can anyone advise me or point me in the direction of someone who can unlock the phone please, obviously i will pay to have it done.

Thanks in advance :smthumbup

Gary

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
you can probably unlock it yourself if you got a data cable or find one on ebay and then do a search to unlock nokia 5800 sure they'll be software kicking about on tinternet :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
There are many easy to use phone unlocking software packages, do a google search. If you use the terms "mobile phone unlocking rapidshare" you will find a plethora of sites offering software you can download for free, even if you don't have a rapidshare account. I've used this to unlock my nokia n95 from orange. I wish i could remember the name of the program i used but it was a while ago, sorry. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
not sure how risky this is but I seen sites in past that can unlock a phone remotely I think you paid something like £10 via Paypal then they give you access to logon to a server where they unlock the phone for you :) sounds risky mind you don't think I would do it! :lol: but its just an example so much these days can be done remotely :D

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Take it to your local market where there may well be a stall selling sim cards and the like and the chap may have what you need to unlock it.

They have them down here and im sure your northerners as just as sophisticated:smthumbup

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can probably unlock it yourself if you got a data cable or find one on ebay and then do a search to unlock nokia 5800 sure they'll be software kicking about on tinternet :D
theres no software available online yet for the 5800 mate :smthumbdo

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure how risky this is but I seen sites in past that can unlock a phone remotely I think you paid something like £10 via Paypal then they give you access to logon to a server where they unlock the phone for you :) sounds risky mind you don't think I would do it! :lol: but its just an example so much these days can be done remotely :D
Ive heard horror stories about these sites as well mate, would rather meet someone and do it face to face tbh :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take it to your local market where there may well be a stall selling sim cards and the like and the chap may have what you need to unlock it.

They have them down here and im sure your northerners as just as sophisticated:smthumbup
As said in the original post mate, ive asked about 4 unlockers but theyve all said the same, it needs to be 'sent off' but would you trust someone from the market with a brand new phone, only to find out he's done one the next week :)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
is mobilia still on here, he may be able to help

Stu
No one got in touch with me, but now i see this thread, bit late i know..

The Nokia 5800 is a BB5 handset known as SL30, we can unlock these in store but its the most expensive handset to unlock @ £30. This is because of the complexity of how its done, and take about hour or so. Take it in somewhere local and chances are they'll send it to me anyway:lol:

We are 1 of 5 stores i believe capable of doing this in store but unfortunately there is no such calc or free solution for this handset.......

yet.:blah:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, forgot to thank mechell and others who posted :)

Mobilia, i managed to get it done by a shop quite local to me, in north shields, but i think he had to send it off to be done, thanks anyway :smthumbup

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
craig mate, its spot on, i nearly went for an iphone until this come out, its a lot more user friendly, the touchscreen is good when you get used to it, but theres a little pen thingy in the side you can use, i would recommend it, some really good features....beats the iphone hands down imo :D

Good to speak to you again btw :smthumbup

Edit to say: it cost me 30 quid to get unlocked, but it might be cheaper now....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Is it unlocked ? how much ? tbh im due upgrade now and there giving all phones away free at moment - but im looking at other networks too now.
Hi Craig Its john (dino4 )
Just got in and seen this thread.
If you still need your phone upgrading then pm me your number and i will check it out for you.
I own and run one of the largest mobile phone upgrading centres in the north west.
Let me know which other phones you are interested in.
Oh and what network you are on.
Check out the website www.phonelanduk.co.uk
All phones that we send out are GSM stock. That means factory unlocked,
So they will work on any network...
Take care John

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I should have said the link i have put on there is for new contracts.;)
With cash back or free gifts..
If Anyone wants an upgrade to there existing contract, Then PM me your number and your network and i will get back to you.
:smthumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts