Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OMP steering-wheel (no airbag) and want to mount it on an Evo 6 RS-2 LHD(airbag).
Need a hub (OMP / Momo std.: 5 holes, 70 mm diameter).

Got a beautiful 85 mm (length) alu hub from the UK. Does not fit, of course. Was for non airbag vehicle. Where do I find a hub that fits?????? Who has one in stock?

Do not care about losing the airbag, since I use 4 point seatbelt and wear a helmet pretty much all the time.

Are there different lengths? I am quite tall, so would like a longer type hub.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Power engineering fitted a momo non-airbag wheel (320mm http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > ) no problem - though you loose the indicator return (so what!).

They are also making up an extender so that I can get the wheel closer to me (long legs you see) - talk to David Power - he may be able to help you out.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Blade,

Power engineering could not help. They said they once did (your car?) an Evo with a hub from a 3000GT. Don't do it anymore.

Ralliart Germany is sending something now. We'll see.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi N.Ring

I had no problem getting a hub for my momo steering wheel. (320mm http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >)
I just used a stock hub from Momo. All I lost was the horn. Indicator return still works.

Ask your local Momo dealer.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Err, mine was only done recently - the indicators work, they just don't auto cancel - and the horn works fine.

The boss was ordered from MOMO in Italy. Who did you talk to at PE? Ask for David Power directly. Mention my name and car. It is possible that the hub doesn't exist, but it was only April that I had this done! In the UK at least, you must have a horn for the car to be legal and pass it's MOT.

I don't care about auto cancelling indicators on the track

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The horn is only difficult to connect not impossible. The electronics have too inputs as the old steering wheel had 2 buttons. New steering wheel has one, but I am not due for a MOT for another 18 months so I will have a fiddle later to sort it out.

Blade: Not sure why your indicator auto cancel does not work. Maybe that is connected to the horn or something.

Thorak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Auto cancel is mechanical and usually is just a bit on the steering wheel that flicks the indicator off when turning the wheel back the other way. If you were desperate for it I am sure something could be rigged up (weld, screw, rivet a small block on the wheel in the right place).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The hub you need is Part number 6107 which is a stock item.I have just fitted a Momo Corsa 320mm to my Tommi as I have the same problem as you. LONG LEGS. Hope this helps

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Horn works but my indicators do not auto cancel I failed to mention that part no.6107 is for a momo hub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts