Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Ive had my 260 about a month now(another PROUD 260 owner) :D and have just come accross a problem when brakeing. If i brake when doing 60mph or over, the steering wheel shakes forward and back quite hard. The car is a year old next month and has covered 9000 miles. Ive been told it could be warped disks but i'm clueless about these things! If it is the disks coluld i get it sorted under my 2 years remaining warranty?

Cheers ,James :confused:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Hi

Sounds like warped brakes. Do a search on here for warped brakes. Lots and lots written about this as it was/is a problem. Seems less of a problem on later cars. They are unlikely to be covered under warranty.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Definately disks mate...Bring it in and see if u can get it sorted worth a go...If not get a set of uprated ones on her..A lot of ppl recommend the Performance Friction setup...

Phil

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
sounds like the wapries mate i had this too and upgraded to performance frictions loads better

i don't think disks are covered on warrenty

saying that though i know of someone who brought a evo 6 from a dealer and had it a month and for whatever the reason the disks warped on him (he did manage to get them changed on some kind of warrenty and only paid for the fitting )

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the Quick resonse guys
I'll take it down my local dealer and give them a try, if that fails then uprated ones it is! The mods start here :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
How hard do you drive it? If not too hard, it could well be pad deposits on the discs. They may just need a damn good heat cycle to clean them up!

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i dont drive it hard at all and ive only done 1000 miles since ive owned it. So if it is pad deposits could drivein harder for a while maybe sort the problem?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
If your onlyin derby pop down to see us we'd be happy to take a look at the car for you, and if they do require replacement we have standard discs and uprated pads in stock.

We can also supply and fit performance friction / DBA / AP's if you wanted to upgrade !

John

0115 9377200

·
Registered
354 Posts
Derby260 said:
No i dont drive it hard at all and ive only done 1000 miles since ive owned it. So if it is pad deposits could drivein harder for a while maybe sort the problem?
In some cases yes. It's often a common misconception that discs are warped when in fact it's pad deposits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts