Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got kicked of Donington last week because the exhaust was too loud on my car :( .

I have a 3" turbo-back Magnex with decat and it made over 102db along the start-finish straight :D .

Anyone solved this problem or do I need a new exhaust?

Kilroy

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I contacted Magnex and they don't do a bung for the 5" slash cut backbox!

I don't want to fit a bung or the cat if I can avoid it, I would rather modify the midsection if this would ensure the car was within the 98db noise limit on track.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kilroy

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
You're going to need a Bung. The most cost effective way would be - drill a small hole in the rear pipe and buy a Blitz bung (approx £50).
If you want to modify the middle section, give Hayward & Scott a call - I think they've done a few on other Evo's.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Dark Evo said:
You're going to need a Bung. The most cost effective way would be - drill a small hole in the rear pipe and buy a Blitz bung (approx £50).
If you want to modify the middle section, give Hayward & Scott a call - I think they've done a few on other Evo's.
H & S's craftmanship is 2nd to none :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
'You're going to need a Bung. The most cost effective way would be - drill a small hole in the rear pipe and buy a Blitz bung (approx £50).
If you want to modify the middle section, give Hayward & Scott a call - I think they've done a few on other Evo's.'

I tried fitting a Blitz bung but it wasn't a good fit so it only made the exhaust about 2db quieter. Car was slow with the bung in.

I will talk to H&S and see if they can help.

Cheers

Kilroy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kilroy said:
H & S's craftmanship is 2nd to none

I've had their kit before on my scoobies, very good kit.

Thanks for the help :D

Kilroy
If you get a solution from H & S please let us know what you get from them. I think an additional silencer in place of the main CAT would be a good solution of course it would have to have the boss for the sensor too. I have a magnex with 5" slash fitted to my 260 and it is much noisier than i expected/wanted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts