Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to get a new exhaust system and would like your advice... The options currently are:

1. Full Magnex system @ around £500
2. Blitz Nur Spec |PLS| TIC de-cat |PLS| JP front pipe @ around £770
3. Hyper Muffler |PLS| as above @ around £670

I want to order one NOOOWWWWWW but not sure what to go for... Obviously the Magnex is probably the best VFM and with the saving an Apexi filter could be on the way but the Nur Spec or Hyper can't be turned down easily... The HKS or Blitz would certainly rule out the filter for the time being as I've only had the car not even 2 months and after telling the missus that I wouldn't spend anything apart from servicings, etc have already spent over £800 on pads, geometry set up, HKS SSQV, etc and have to replace the rear tyres and have the car serviced next month so I don't think she will be too pleased when she hears of the exhaust anyway... :D

Any advice or comments very welcome... The more the merrier...

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, I'm starting to sway over to the Blitz option which means a good kicking from the missus... :D

Any other comments welcome...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone who pays nearly 600 notes for a HKS in my opinion is a nutter especially as the connecting pipes are mild steel and it's only CAT back (that must be £300 for the exhaust and £300 for the name).
Magnex is indeed one of the best value exhausts around, S/S, full system, good quality from what I have heard and for less than the HKS CAT back.
Blitz sits in the middle ground, good exhaust, S/S but you are still paying for the name, a lot of dosh for just a CAT back.

Get the Magnex, perhaps the missus won't notice only £500 missing ;)

Just my opinion you understand :D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I now can't really decide between the Magnex full system and the Nur Spec R with some de-cat and downpipe (maybe Justins TIC de-cat and JP downpipe or the Magnex de-cat and downpipe)...

I work night shifts so was wondering how loud the Blitz is at low revs??? In other words when I get home early in the morning, it isn't going to wake all the neighbours up is it just pulling up to the garage???

Your help would be much appreciated... I really want to get the exhaust this week so want to order one tomorrow, BUT WHICH ONE??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right, in my quest to decide between these two, I went to the missus for some help who promptly gave the advice to 'GET THE CHEAPEST!' so I guess that's my mind made up then - The Magnex full system it is. This way she might not mind me getting the Apexi filter as well... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you get what you pay for the blitz has great build quality, sound and better route but too be honest there ain't gonna be that much in it, personally I went for the sound :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went for Mongoose 3 system with d/p and de-cat.

Nice sound and not too loud - somebody has posted the db.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi SwinYE5,
Have you fitted the Magnex system and how is it performing?
Going to fit mine this weekend..
Dia BACH :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Diabach, No mate not yet, was delivered yesterday, costing £50 more than expected as I ended up getting it from Graham Goode as stock was a bit scarce at the cheaper places, even this was their last tail section..... It's sitting in the house waiting to go on this weekend..... :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't think you'll be dissapointed. My mate has the full Magnex system. It looks good, sounds meaty (although not as mad as Evoboys pipe). Dunno about pressure drop.

What would be really good would be to do a pressure drop test with a number of different pipes. that way we'd all know what was good and what wasn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
InsBro, or anyone alse...
Can someone tell me what is the maximum size of the down pipe used? I am thinking on going for a 2.5 one since a larger one wont fit. After the downpipe I will go for a straight 3 system custom made locally for may car. Will spend less than $250 for all. Nice deal.. :D but I still need a muffler!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if you want to be different, buy BUddy Club NI. SS. You can hear it rumbling at idle and hear it coming from far.

Lee
(I got one)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.