Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the influence of Alboy and his Evo 6 .. im slowly turning jap....yes that right i want to bin the ford...

so i done my search found an Evo6 lovely one then i hit a small problem which achally is now a BIG BIG problem..!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH INSURANCE..!!!!!!!!!

ELEPHANT QUOTED ME £3,847.41p

i played about lowering milage shanged the location of where it is being stored and it went down alittle..!!!!

im upset now... so the only option i have is to marry a Evo6 owner :D ..or find cheaper insurance :cool:

can n e one help...

Buffy xxx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Just Turned 22

I live in Dagenham Essex

5 yrs ncb

on yeah i have 3 pionts to come off next year ,,,

·
Registered
273 Posts
Buffy said:
*****Looking for an EVO VI*******
(Chairwoman Essex Rs Owners club)
i no i no.!!!!!
Not normally one to pick up on typos etc... but in your sig?! :confused: :confused:

I *know*!!! :coolsm:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL.. I WAS TURNING JAP.....
ALBOY HAS INFLUENCED ME..

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Buffy said:
I have Just Turned 22

I live in Dagenham Essex

5 yrs ncb

on yeah i have 3 pionts to come off next year ,,,
3 points should not do too much harm, 5 years no claims is good, Dagenham is not brill but the real killer is your age. While 3k + should be beatable, i will be suprised if you get it lower than the thick end of 2k.

Do a search for 'insurance' Lots of lists posted up with phone numbers and stuff, ring around.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Try Norwich Union online.

Just done a dummy quote but I am 29 for a evo6 works out to be £889 full comp with cat 1 alarm & garaged. The only difference I didn't put down for points as I haven't got any.

You will be looking £1k plus for your age.
There is a list of insurance companies on the last few pages of the buyers guide. It maybe worth ringing around a few of them. I think Tesco are ment to be good for younger drivers with high performance cars.

Hth

Trina

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats just crazy!

Phil drives the Evo at the moment, but he is givin it to me some time in the year.
Im 24 and havnt passed my test yet, I got a quote from elephant, saying I was a new driver etc and I got quoted £2000, and I live in Hull!!!

:confused:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
why has anyone not mentioned pace ward? surely they are worth a try?

i am in suffolk and although technically already married am sure that i can find time for a secret 22 yr old wife. wha dya recon?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What ya mean no fast car history... ahhhhhhh

ive had two s2 rst a saff cozzy and an esc coz

:)
im gonna have a lot of husbands...lol

·
Registered
224 Posts
Buffy said:
What ya mean no fast car history... ahhhhhhh

ive had two s2 rst a saff cozzy and an esc coz

:)
im gonna have a lot of husbands...lol
Like he said, no fast car history :p

PS: I'dlike to put my name forwards for plan B. You'd have to move up to the north west though cos I cant move away from my mum :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
I can see only one advantage to turning 40 (rather than a youthful 22) and that's when it comes to the dreaded insurance for any high performance car. For what's worth, I'm quoted approx £800 for an MR FQ340 - sorry!

At 22, there was no way I was going to be able to afford it so I had to wait until I was 30 before I got my first Impreza and 5 Scoobies and 1 Evo (soon to be 2 Evos) later, I've still got the bug.

Give Direct Line a try or one of those "all women" insurers. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

If you still can't get the cost down, there's always a Sony PS2 !?

Keep smiling.

:coolsm:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts