Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

looks like I am going to change the gsr some time before the summer and develop a more focused evo with better track ability but still retaining the manners to take the wife and baby here and there every so often.

Firstly I want a 6 and secondly I want the quick rack. Now i haven't driven a non-ayc car but i suspect that i would prefer it as it would be purer to drive, be more adjustable with the right foot and better for controllable oversteer etc.. But having said that, the prospect of a TME is quite tempting 'cos it was one of the best evo variants ever made.

At the moment though, i am leaning toward the idea of an RS, RS2 or RSX or even RS sprint that has the closer gearing which i reckon i would quite like. The other option would be to get an Exterme if one came up at Ralliart as I like the look and amp; wheels etc.. and i understand that the bushes and amp; coilovers and amp; geometry tweaks make the car much better steering feel. I dont want to end up throwing lots of money at this car .. maybe just a few thou http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >. Waregarage said that there were around 8 brand new unregistered Evo 6 RS's for sale at 25,995 (i presume they are RS2's) ... but maybe this is too pricey for an RS now that the Mak and the EVo7 is out ????

Does anyone have any guidance or experience esp. with regard to what a non-ayc car is like on the limit.

regards

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what about the tme monte carlo edition? This had the quick rack of the tme with the low gearing of the rs and no ayc (i think). Might be too buzzy for long distances though.

i know claudius has been trying to remove the ayc from his tme but he is having to replace the whole rear axle and half shafts to do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the monte carlo was basically an RS2, with GSR gearing, but with the suspension and turbo off the original TME. This would be a good choice.

Quick rack is a pain on the road (linear, so shitty turning circle).

There are some extremes at Ralliart for sale right now.

Still think it would be cheaper just to convert your AYC to non AYC.

If you want Road use, don't go for the RS - they don't have aircon, electric windows or even painted door handles!

Extreme or RSX (RS2) are the best bet, or the monte carlo if it is what we think it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blade

The 7 comes with the quick rack as standard (2.1 turns?) and while I wouldn't change it at all, it can be a real pain in tight spots. But I have nowmathe 25 point turn :D Only problem is other drivers don't understand and just think you are a dork!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jackal

A non AYC car on the limit is something very close or say as good as having sex!! ;) You can control the car very easily with the throttle drifting as much as you like, the more you accelerate, the more the back steps out. It is so fun I spend GBP 2000 on removing the AYC from my car. Hairpins make you feel like Tommi when you brake into them, pull the handbrake when you've got the weight to the front and clutch in 1st gear around 4.000 rpms and the back end just turns around and you exit it with 30 degree angle! I saw MAXI do it yesterday and was getting really frustrated. I miss my RS2 now :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH? Jackal, if you go 120 on a track and the back starts drifting and you are surprised and lift off, you spin :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soudns like I want an RS2/RSX to me (almost teh same car), or even a monte carlo or Extreme if one comes up.

The TME RS2 appears to have ayc and amp; abs - can anyone confirm this.

OH? Jackal, if you go 120 on a track and the back starts drifting and you are surprised and lift off, you spin

oh yeah, but i bet it still don't do it as quick as my 340r after lifting off ... you gotta be living in bullet time to catch that thing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My TME RS2 has AYC.

I didnt know you were the one with the 340. Forget what I said, just get a car without AYC and enjoy!
Guess we live in bullet time or elwe why havent I crashed the thing in 1 and a half years!? LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jackal,

If you want more info about the Monte Carlo, 'Plodwyn' has one. Might be best to email as he doesn't come on here often.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tommi Mäkinen Edition Monte Carlo
To celebrate Tommi Mäkinens third successive win of the Monte Carlo Rally a special edition run based on the TME RS was produced. Apart from the usual RS specification an induction kit and exhaust were fitted along with the Sports ECU and better seats (not GSR ones though). Basically it was much like the RS Sprint but in TME form. Only 12 were produced by Ralliart UK and cost £25,995 new.

Test drive by Brian in Issue 22 of Wastegate Chatter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay thanx guys - my search begins then

Tony, thanx but the Ralliart cars are both RS450's and hence too expensive for my budget. The silver one is way too high mileage in any case. Out of all the cars they have at mo the 7 eX S is the most tempting and colin is supposed to be getting back to me with a trade in price 'cos you never know. Sadly, the RSX they have is too high mileage for me at 20thou.

I think that there may be some RS2's left over and barnd new, unregiostered. I am calling waregarge tomorrow to find out what they can do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts