Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In serious need of some help, I bought my evo which was mapped by Dave Rowe for the previous owner.

I'm having serious issues with cold start and now the cars overfueling so badly it's not even drivable and it's making the plugs black meaning no spark!

I'm going to try contact Dave Rowe tomorrow and see if he'll be a true gent and provide the password so I can gain access to the ecu as I'm based in the north east of Scotland and cars imobile so not like I can go back to him.

Would anyone happen to know the password he uses :shake:

I understand why they lock their maps but it's also a pain in the arse, if he pops his clogs it means all these cars mapped by him need to send their ecus away to be wiped and start again which I really don't want to be doing.

Alternatively I heard that motec have a master password that can also gain access to the ecu....anyone know of this by any chance?

It's not looking good :confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
There is no master password. Some people have been able to erase the map and password by downgrading the ECU firmware. YMMV.

I wish Motec provided a way to remotely erase everything, that way the mapper's info remains safe and the ECU remains yours instead of being an expensive paperweight.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V3.54 can be done by Motec on Teamviewer as far as I know but they charge £50
When you say motec can do it, do you mean access the ecu or do you mean wipe it remotely?

Ideally don't want to be loosing the map I just need to rectify my problems.

Car has had a cold start issue since I bought it a few months ago which we need sorting but now it's over fuelling which is making the car undeivable.

I'm going to change the plugs tonight and also the rpm was reading 15000 rpm so my friend who's a local mapper and knows his way around an evo told me to reset that value and then try cranking it over with coils and injectors dosconnnected to see what it's reading as he suspects a faulty crank sensor may be to blame

·
#armchairtuner
8,722 Posts
MoTeC will only wipe it for you, they will not open it up for you. Your best bet is to speak with Dave Rowe direct.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When sitting in idle and I rev the car it's missing and spluttering really badly and has throw up these error messages on the ecu

Anyone offer any advice? May I add this problem has only came about after refitting the engine after an underside resto.

Was running fine prior to removal (bar cold start issue)

And it looks to have used 1/4 tank just sitting idling for about 20 mins total since engine been refitted.

Seriously starting to loose the love for this car already and only had I'd 2-3 months

·
Premium Member
9,875 Posts
The key error I see is La1 lambda sensor

Could it have been damaged whilst refitting the engine? It would also account for excessive fuel usage

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After discovering the tp% was going to 5 on full throttle I adjusted it now it's reading correctly 0-100

So no longer getting tp error code and lambda code only came on that once and hasn't came back since.

Car revs fine on partial throttle but as soon as throttle is 100% that's when it starts spluttering and banging

I'm at a loss as everything is connected that I can see

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to Dave today who kindly removed the password access from the ecu.

Upon accessing the ecu I think I have a lambda issue

Lambda 1 is reading 0.51 when lambda 1 aim is 0.96

The lambda reading isn't changing even tried a new lambda thinking the old one was dead but it's still exactly the same

Anyone know where to look next

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you looking at std lambda sensor?

you need wideband connected to read true readings
Yeah but when the cars running and I'm plugged into the ecu the lambda aim is 0.96 on idle but the lambda is reading 0.51 and doesn't move at all when rev'd and even unplugged it's reading 0.51 surely it should be close the the lambda aim figure of 0.96?

·
MLR Traders
6,495 Posts
you'll prob find the heater for narrow band isnt turned on but it can only target lambda 1, you need to get someone to set it all up for you. but id say get wideband upgrade

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New lambda fitted and I'm gettin a response from the lambda now but still not close to the aim value and cars still spluttering/banging when driving making it undrivable.

This problem has only started since refitting the engine after painting the engine bay. Whilst engine was out I removed the charcoal canister, removed air on and bypassed the 3 solenoids mounted on the inlet manifold.

So I've either done something during this process or the lambda needs calibrating with the ecu?

Any help appreciated

1 - 20 of 20 Posts