Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
East Scotland ,40 + Male going through change of life ,

Has hankered for an evo for years , Had 2 checked over by vehicle inspections and both found to be accident damaged ( Badly) .
If anyone knows of a good genuine car available , Up to £6000, i would appreciate an email,
As you will have gathered im New to This and not up to speed with the technical specs etc

any help welcome

tx Greg

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
saorsa said:
If anyone knows of a good genuine car available , Up to £6000, i would appreciate an email,
As you will have gathered im New to This and not up to speed with the technical specs etc
any help welcome
tx Greg
greg
your £6K budget will buy an evo 1-3
...the evo4 upwards will be out of your price range....unless someone's selling a very cheap car

- can recommend a red evo3 that a fellow MLR member is selling at £5995...if you're interested ?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Re: evo

saorsa said:
do you think it would be worth while adding more money and waiting for a 4 ?
entirely down to personal preference.....
the e4 is obviously a newer car....but don't forget the running costs - not only insurance and fuel but if components such as
e.g. the 'ayc' pump/diff etc fails....could potentially be expensive repair bills
Also, the e4 engine doesn't appear to be as strong as the later evos and many MLR members have upgraded to e6 engines

the early cars don't have many of the electronic performance aids and are generally cheaper to run...cost of parts etc
but perhaps don't have the same 'road presence'

I'll ask the e3 owner to contact you directly via e-mail. He's also knowledgable about the later evos so you should ask about the viability of an e4

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts