Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP.... PLEASE
I have a Bosch Excel Dishwasher, only just 1 year old !
I went to empty it this morning and it looked like it had tried to wash, but with no hot water, there was a very waxy blue residue over all the pots. I shouted my wife, and asked her WTF have you put candles in it has all the rotar arms had seized and the filters were blocked with this greasy blue substance.

So Ive emptied it, (4 times now) the only way I can dissolve the greasy substance is with hot water and its still leaving a gritty residue on everything. Before you ask, there was no greasy oven pans in it ......

At least the water is now running clear after a cycle not grey, but its not draining, its leaving a good 3inch in the bottom of the dishwasher

Im about to give up and resign myself that the feckin thing is knackered, any ideas ?????????????????????

·
Registered
259 Posts
As for the residue I don't have a clue, do you use blue Dishwasher tablets? if its not working right they get wet, break up and leave a mess.

Not draining right:

Clean the filter check there is nothing blocking the bottom of the DW.

Take the trap off your sink and clean it out

When you reconnect the DW hose make sure there is a bend at the top of the pipe above its exit level (into the trap). This stops water from siphoning back into the machine (happens alot).

If none of this works call an engineer (but thats the first things he will do)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M6 EVC said:
As for the residue I don't have a clue, do you use blue Dishwasher tablets? if its not working right they get wet, break up and leave a mess.

Not draining right:

Clean the filter check there is nothing blocking the bottom of the DW.

Take the trap off your sink and clean it out

When you reconnect the DW hose make sure there is a bend at the top of the pipe above its exit level (into the trap). This stops water from siphoning back into the machine (happens alot).

If none of this works call an engineer (but thats the first things he will do)
Hi Mate,
checked and cleaned all the filters, removed blue waxy residue.
Checked all pipework for kinks and blockages, again removed a load of this blue crap.

Removed a plastic tray, that had tubes in it, removed hard blue residue again.

Checked the impellor, found and released chicken bone which couldnt have helped .....

Although the water is clear now, still not draining out properly leaves 2 inch water in bottom.

Think your right... engineer required, Im just peeved they will charge me for what I have already tried :confused:

Love to know what caused such a mess though, surely not any dishwasher agents

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sorry I missed the waxey part. Definently not tablets hhmmmm......suspisious start interegating the rest of the household :crackup:

unfortunatly it looks like a bill for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts