Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys (and gals).

I need a buy a lid, just wondering what other peeps use??? Full face or Open face???

Just not sure what to buy???? :confused:

Plus they seem to range from about £60 to £600, again should I buy a cheap one or spend a few more quid on a better one (hopefully never need to use it though :mhihi: )

Cheers

·
acting daft since 1969
19,607 Posts
it all depend on what you feel comfy driving in ,i used to have a full face ,now an open ,and i couldnt go back

as for what price ,how much do you value your head ,an old chestnut ,but if youve a 10 bob head buy a 10 bob hat ,personally ,BUY ONE THAT FITS ,ALL lids pass some serious tests all do a good job to a point ,so even a cheap one will do its job ,but a cheap properly fitted helmets better than a badly fitting really expensive one

when ive bought any new helmet ive alleway bought one that fitted properly then looked at the price

oh yeah one last thing buy a lid thats allowed for motorsport ,all bike helmets ARNT ,theres a label insidethat tell you , even motorsport helmets are no longer legal for bikes these days

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, was leaning towards an open face helmet.

Thanks for the other advise as well, I will make sure its approved for motorsport :smthumbup

Yep suppose its my thick skull Im protecting, so got to worth more than £60 then :lol:

Keep the suggestions coming though :smthumbup

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Cheers guys, was leaning towards an open face helmet.

Thanks for the other advise as well, I will make sure its approved for motorsport :smthumbup

Yep suppose its my thick skull Im protecting, so got to worth more than £60 then :lol:

Keep the suggestions coming though :smthumbup
Ahem,er,try THIS

I bought them for trackdays,dont need them now as i shut company down.
Ive seen a woman roll one of my cars ,a mazda mx5 with the roof down and she rolled it front to back 2and a half times and she walked away,helmet had a few scratches but her head didnt;)

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
full face rally helmet for me but i need to protect these looks :lol:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you need an Arai GP-5k, white in XL drop me a PM

I have one which has been used twice and cost £550 new for sale

It's Snell approved so you can use it in pretty much any race event

:)
Cheers Raj, but I think Im going down the **** route :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Yeah thats what I was thinking, but I prefer to breathe tbh :mhihi:

With looks like yours I suppose you need to protect what you have left :crackup:
cheeky ****er if i didn't need a lift to a pub at north weald every time i'd comment on yours :lol:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
full face for me. demon tweeks are good, maybe not the cheapest but very knowledgable customer service staff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts